Did a store rep install a task manager when you purchased your phone?

Did a store rep install and/or recommend a Task Manager?

• Total voters

mattebowman

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Yup

Verizon, I brought back my Droid X because the touch screen was working intermittently, So they installed a task killer and tried to tell me that it was fixed, an hour later I finally got them to exchange it out, he then tried to install the task killer on my new phone but i through a fit so he never clicked install.

liquidfx13

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
EVO 4G at a Sprint Store....after a few days with the phone found that I was hardly ever remembering to "kill apps." Decided, before reading any advice about task killers, to only kill apps on an as needed basis which turns out to be hardly ever (read maybe once a week if that). This, btw, is my first Android phone having moved over from a BB Curve and it would take a hefty price for me to go back.

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Verizon Corp. store

Moto Droid, Incredible and Fascinate

No mention ever about a task manager

My younger brother got his first smartphone last weekend, LG Ally. They either installed it or it was on there already. After a week of complaining about the battery life I uninstalled and and its great now. It was Advanced Task Killer.

skafri#WN

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
HTC Evo4G, rep installed ATK. I uninstalled it within a couple of days. I already knew enough to know I didn't need it, but I wanted my phone and I wanted to get out of there with the least amount of conflict possible. Plus, I wanted to see what task killers were about.

anon(30235)

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I work in IT at a large law firm. Just about every Android device that we get from Verizon has Advanced Task Killer on it. Several of the users said that Verizon told them it was needed software that was free. Of course, I then point these folks to articles describing the bad side of task killers and they typically uninstall the software. It's just frustrating that Verizon is (a) spreading urban myths IMO and (b) installing software that is probably causing the device not to operate optimally.

decoyoct

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm a Verizon salesman (INDIRECT, not corporate). The main complaint and reason for return for Android phones is battery life. My boss read somewhere that ATK lengthens battery life, so we've been putting it on most new phones now.

I just registered so I could post in this thread. I haven't had any customers with the issues described in this thread, but if I do I now know why. I did highly suggest ATK, and then asked to install it, on almost all Android phones I've sold in the last couple of months. I'll stop doing that and inform my co-workers, thank you.

Reactions: Cory Streater

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia