Did a store rep install a task manager when you purchased your phone?

Did a store rep install and/or recommend a Task Manager?

• Total voters

bipoler#AC

Banned
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Lmao!! Haha

Sprint HTC Evo 4G and maybe they would have if I would have given them the chance but as soon as the phone was programmed I snatched it from the rep and said "great let's wrap this up I can handle the rest". He started to give me some speech about "Ready Now" but I told him I walked in the door ready and that I wanted to finish my purchase now.

P4trick H.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Garett85

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Sprint

I work for Sprint and ALWAYS advise against ATK and any other Task Killer Program. I have been doing my best to tell as many employees as I can to advise against it also.

The issue is that Sprint as a company advises customers to install ATK. It's in the "Getting Started" brochures and many other official documents.

It's not going to stop until people get smart with Android and realize that it's just breaking their phone and draining battery more than it would without.

pmas

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Verizon Corporate Store. No they did not install or even mention it when I bought my Incredible, nor did they install or mention it when I bought my Moto Droid last year.

myswagsblue

Banned
Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Sprint HTC Evo 4G and maybe they would have if I would have given them the chance but as soon as the phone was programmed I snatched it from the rep and said "great let's wrap this up I can handle the rest". He started to give me some speech about "Ready Now" but I told him I walked in the door ready and that I wanted to finish my purchase now.

P4trick H.

lmao!

but any who

1. Sprint Hero
2. No but my friend recommended ATK and i use that now

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Bought my Epic at the sprint store. They told my do not load one as the one that comes on the Epic is good. I have never had a problem with battery life so far..... It always seems to make it to bed time and that is all that matters to me.

Lestah_613

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
HTC Evo with Sprint. They told me I should. I still dont understand why Google allows for so many apps to just start on their own. It's completely stupid. Phone does start to lag if I dont kill them. I use Advance Task Killer. ****in love it. dont use auto kill though.

also, can someone PLEASE post a thread and say why we should not use it? use actual facts and not just opinions.

Sublym1

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Purchased my Fascinate from a Food & New Product Show here. Verizon Rep didn't mention anything about ATK. Another customer at the booth told me about it though. Found out about ATK on here and haven't installed it.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
There are plenty of threads discussing the pros & cons of Task Killers. This is not one of them. I have 2 simple questions I'd like you to answer.

1) If you purchased your phone at the store, which of the 4 major carriers did you buy your phone from: Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile or AT&T?

2.) Did the store employee install and/or strongly recommend a task manager before you left the store?

Please post the answer to both questions here, and check the applicable checkboxes in the poll.
Yes, they did. Of which I uninstalled in front of the sales rep that I purchased the phone with.

1) Verizon
2) Store installed it.

With our newer phones, task managers do not provide that much benefit. I was kind of bothered by them taking the liberty without my permission to install anything on my phone with my permission. A cell phone in my opinion are really personal items. Each of us I think personalize our phones to satisfy our needs, desires, and etc.

The representative claimed the task killer would help with battery efficiency and prevent the phone from having force closures. I purchased a Droid X.

snippet#AC

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Sprint store (got a Transform)

No, didn't mention it at all. Did mention Angry Birds. go figure

I did install ATK when I started searching for good apps.

Last edited:

hodge73

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Posted last week on this thread. Then went to BestBuy yesterday to exchange my daughters Samsung intercept for an Evo and salesman was about to install a task killer and I said no, we don't want one installed. I got an eyebrow raising from him, and he questioned why I would not use one. I told him first off my daughter would not know what to kill and what not to kill, and I said I could use watchdog to moniter if anything going awry. He seemed to want to argue but must have realized he would not sway me

mungera

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Got two free droid 2's as part of best buys free phone fridays. New seasonal employee helped us and recommend we get ATK from the market. I just stared blankly and told my fiance to not even think about getting it. All the employees there were either installing it or suggesting it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred