Did I screw up my Droid Incredible?

daniel329

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone,
I have been stalking these forums for quite a while and finally became a member. I moved from PreCentral and the Palm Pre Plus. Anyways I have hit a brick wall with my droid incredible's unroot. Let me explain. When I first got the phone it was running 2.2 Froyo. I wanted to use setcpu to see if it would help my battery life so I rooted with unrevoked and everything was fine and dandy. Not to long ago I started receiving notifications that an OTA update was available that would fix some glitches and give me vCast. I hit reboot and install but the phone wouldn't reboot. Well I went online and found that because I was rooted the phone couldn't do OTA updates. This was news to me but I saw that I could unroot by installing a .zip file that started with a "P" (I can't remember the name of it, sorry) in hboot (?). Well this worked but it put me back on 2.1-1. So I went and tried to get the phone to look for the 2.2 update but I had no such luck. Then I tried getting the update.zip from HERE. I placed it on the root of the SD card and followed all the instructions but I hit an Error 7? Now it appears I am stuck on 2.1-1. Is there any way I can just revert the phone to complete factory settings without root or anything? I would be content with a working regular version of the DI right now. Thanks so much in advance for the help.

jayhawkfan18

A Dude
May 14, 2010
Visit site
Last edited:

daniel329

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

daniel329

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Well I decided I would just give the instructions in the thread a shot. I got all the way to the very end and then my phone gave me a Status 7 error when updating the rom. I tried re-downloading the .zip file......ideas?

threepio

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
i am having the same exact problem. ive tried multiple 2.2 updates and it always ends in the (status 7) installation aborted.

so now im basically stuck on 2.1 update 1 unless i get an OTA...which i dont even know if they are still sending out.

anyone know how to fix this?

doc 7

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't know how to fix it but....what is the big deal with the maintenance update from what I've read it primarily gives a handfull of apps that do little more than hog resources and of course break root so I guess I will keep root seems the safest bet IMHO

threepio

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
well i was having a problem with files downloading in the browser with my virtuous rom. and i wanted to go back to stock 2.2

But i flashed back to stock 2.1.1, rooted. and then uploaded skyraider 3.3.3 sense. and now im not having any problems. wierd that it wouldnt work tho.