Disable Bluetooth Volume Limiter on 4.4 (rooted)

blaford

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone. I'm getting so frustrated with the lack of a dedicated z1s forum on XDA so I thought I'd try here.

How do I disable the bluetooth volume limiting on 4.4? It's impossible to enjoy music in streamed from my phone in my car now. I'm rooted if that helps.

Also I've noticed people are talking about the z3. I am considering buying the next compact version of the z phone but I promised myself I would only buy direct from sony and not get a neutered tmobile model. The lack of unlockable bootloader and the wait for root is something I will never deal with again. If I do purchase direct, what downside is there? Will I still be able to take advantage of wifi calling?

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone. I'm getting so frustrated with the lack of a dedicated z1s forum on XDA so I thought I'd try here.

How do I disable the bluetooth volume limiting on 4.4? It's impossible to enjoy music in streamed from my phone in my car now. I'm rooted if that helps.

Also I've noticed people are talking about the z3. I am considering buying the next compact version of the z phone but I promised myself I would only buy direct from sony and not get a neutered tmobile model. The lack of unlockable bootloader and the wait for root is something I will never deal with again. If I do purchase direct, what downside is there? Will I still be able to take advantage of wifi calling?

Nope. Only phones sold and branded directly by T-mobile (and the iPhone) will have wifi calling capabilities.

Posted via the Android Central App

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I'd check with the developer of your ROM. FYI, given that TMo locked the boot loader and there aren't a lot of Z1s' I hadn't heard of many if any custom ROM's for the Z1s? I'd like to learn more if this is not true.

Anyway, I have a Z1s, a 2014 Jeep Cherokee and a 2008 PT Cruiser with an aftermarket Alpine BT stereo system. Both vehicles use Bluetooth. I stream music every day and use hands-free calling capabilities regularly using Bluetooth. I have no volume issues with Bluetooth streaming, even when I have the sunroofs open and I'm cruising down the highway.

A couple of things to check. Android has separate volume levels for notifications, phone calls and media. While you are streaming music, make sure the media volume level on your phone adequate. I like to turn up the volume on my handset up all the way while the music is playing and then back it off two notches / clicks. This provides me with an adequate signal level to drive the amplifier in the car stereo without over driving the amplifier in the handset.

Another thing to check is the media player on your phone. Some media players have a gain control that you can increase that will help.

I had low volume issues with my Z1s with Jelly Bean. Since i received the KitKat update I've had no issues, so, you may want to try going back to stock Sony KitKat. Even though I had to wait too long to get the update, I'm pretty pleased with it.

Hope this helps.