Disabling Safe Mode

SouthernRiver

Aug 15, 2020
Visit site
Hi there,

As a long time Android user I've read quite a few topics on this forum to solve issues I've had, but what Im looking for is a solution to completely disable safe mode. I essentially want to deny the operator of a specific phone access to safe mode to stop them bypassing certain apps but I haven't really come across any information that has solved my issue. So far from what Ive read, there is possibly a need to encrypt the device in question but I have very little experience doing this and the information I came across didn't seem to achieve this when I attempted to do it.

For those interested the device I wish to disable safe mode on is a Xiaomi Redmi 7 but it would be handy to know how to do it on all android devices as I have other android phones as well.

If there is an existing thread in the forum or online content that covers it I would appreciate the help.

Thanks, Steve.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central, Steve! Glad to have you here with us! I've not yet heard of a way to entirely disable Safe Mode on devices - but perhaps another user more well-versed in the topic can offer up some insight!

Good luck, and enjoy yourself around the forums!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi, welcome to AC!

Safe mode is a built in tool to help diagnosis issues,. I never heard of someone trying to do this , maybe you need a custom ROM ?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Maybe something like MDM (Multiple Device Management) software could do that, since a business that distributes phones to workers may want to lock them down to prevent modification. Not sure if there's anything like that for personal use.

SouthernRiver

Aug 15, 2020
Visit site
Hi again, and thanks for all of the responses thus far.

Locking the phone down to prevent modification is exactly what Im trying to achieve so I'll have a look into MDM. Cheers B.Diddy.

If I can explain the issue a little better, I really need to stop the user from having the ability to modify apps (stopping/deleting apps from running that I need functioning etc) and although I can place settings under a systems app lock and deny them that opportunity to modify apps, the "security" systems app isn't able to be placed under that same lock for some reason. Why I bring the security app up is that, it also has the ability to tamper and erase apps but I can only stop the user from accessing this app in normal mode. Unfortunately in safe mode I haven't found a way to block access to it as it obviously only gives access to a limited amount of apps (none of which are stand alone app blockers or help to solve this issue).

So my options to try to solve this situation appear to be to deny safe mode entirely or to somehow work out how to place the "security" app under the settings app lock which would block its access even in safe mode (as app locks downloaded from playstore wont function in safe mode). Essentially the flaw in my effort to try to gain full control of the device is the ongoing ability of the user to use "security" in safe mode. If I can prevent that then I'll have full control.

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devboilol