DND changing notification sound

DTMFM

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I have a Pixel 5a on Tmobile, bought new from google and not modified in any way.
I have it set to go into do not disturb mode at night. I can potentially get important notifications at any hour on an app called IAR for my job that I need to receive. I have a very loud notification set for this app so I don't miss it. I have also set it as an exception to breakthrough do not disturb.
I don't think I have ever had a problem with this set up before. Im pretty sure it has always worked and I tested it when I initially set it up.
The problem is now when I get notifications during the DND period through this app it is using my system default sound which is very quiet and I missed a notification yesterday (luckily was mistakenly sent out).
So my question is why is it doing this and how do I make it use the notification sound I have set for IAR and not the system default sound?
I have tried testing it out of DND mode and it uses the sound I want it to. I have gone through all kinds of settings and can't find any setting that says to use system default sound instead of app sound during DND period.
I thank you in advance for your help.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So your using a custom notification and go back to default , have you tried another custom notification? Where did you get this notifications from

DTMFM

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
The app comes with a bunch of notifications that I have downloaded (I think because I can use them for other apps).
That didn't occur to me at all. I will try using one native to the phone. Great idea. I'll let u know of it works. I just have to ask my boss to send me a test message when I change it. Thx!

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Speaking of changing the notifications sounds, several times I've had the custom notification sound associated with a text conversation (and thus associated with the person I'm texting with) get changed to the default text sound or else I don't receive a notification at all. I had to keep resetting the custom sounds to the conversation thread. I haven't seen this happening in a couple of months now, but it was a problem for a while.

DTMFM

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Ok it worked! Thanks everyone. I changed the notification to a native sound on the Pixel 5a. Breaks through the DND and doesn't change it to the default sound.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
OK, I've had this problem occurring again. A couple of custom ringtones were replaced by ringtones in the same custom ringtone folder. These ringtones were created by me by clipping music from CD's and other sources. They are .mp3 files about 20 seconds in length. I created a sub folder for them in the Ringtones folder which I named "My Sounds".

I've also had custom notification sounds, which were created by me, replaced by Pixel 5a notification sounds. And I've had custom notification sounds associated with a group conversation that don't engage when I receive a text. If I tap on the exact same sound file and re-save it to the group conversation it sticks and engages the next time I have a text from that group.

It's kind of annoying.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
OK, I've had this problem occurring again. A couple of custom ringtones were replaced by ringtones in the same custom ringtone folder. These ringtones were created by me by clipping music from CD's and other sources. They are .mp3 files about 20 seconds in length. I created a sub folder for them in the Ringtones folder which I named "My Sounds".

I've also had custom notification sounds, which were created by me, replaced by Pixel 5a notification sounds. And I've had custom notification sounds associated with a group conversation that don't engage when I receive a text. If I tap on the exact same sound file and re-save it to the group conversation it sticks and engages the next time I have a text from that group.

It's kind of annoying.
Try putting those files in notification file see if they stick

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej