Dock for Inspire?

nelsontx

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I am a snob when it comes to my phones and I must have them in docks...I set one up at my bedside, office desk and car so that it wont get dirty and I like the ability to use it like a console in my car. (Weird I know!)

I found this one -

HTC Desire HD, HD7 Supreme Desktop Charging Dock

But from what I can tell, the micro-usb connector doesn't match up in the photo and want to know if there is a smaller profile charging dock that also has audio out in the back?

Again I am a snob when it comes to my phones so I want to make sure I get the right device so that it fits in my ashtray area for my car.

Any suggestions are great!

nelsontx

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I saw that one as well. The reviews said that the insert/removal was cumbersome. I am hoping for an official dock. Does HTC do this for their other phones?

mrro82

Mr. Ro.
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I love the docks. I'd like to find one that would fit my Inspire when it has a case on. Taking the case on and off negates the point IMO so that won't work. Oh well.

killingwthasmile

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Anyone think HTC will come out with an official dock? I would love to have one at the office when can get out from under my damned iPhone!

Last edited:

killingwthasmile

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Appologies for the incorrect spelling. I work in an industry where one of the most common acronyms is HTS. Blame muscle memory, quick typing, and non-proof reading for the mistake.

As for number 2 there are plenty of phones from all different manufacturers that have docks. Did the OP say he wanted a fancy dock? No.

The Atrix is for people that want an overpriced phone with overpriced docks that are flashy but not practical.

Thanks for playing prick.

Reactions: maverick1970

iancull

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I worry that these docks that rely on only the microUSB connector to support the phone, will damage the connector over time. I'd prefer one that physically supports the phone, too.

Gorilla800lbs

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if there is a dock with a pass-through for the 3.5 audio jack. Both audio and micro-usb are located on the bottom of the phone, and it bums me to no ends that having your phone docked means you cannot plug in the phones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wisak2556