Documents on android device are read only when opened through Windows Explorer via USB cable.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a AT&T Note 9 with a Windows 10 computer, all up to date. I want to use my phone like a flash drive/external harddrive to store documents and folders, such as MS Word and Excel documents.

To access these files, I use my USB cable connected to the PC and view the files in windows explorer. If I click on a document to open/edit it, it is read-only.

Is there a way to change this? In contrast, if I had used a regular external hard drive or flash drive, I would be able to see the files as well, but can open and edit them normally.

tlc264

Banned
Oct 20, 2019
Visit site
It could be that Microsoft is only allowing read only because the screen used is over 9" and the file is coming from an android product. You might have to have a paid version of office on the phone to be able to make changes. I dont use mine like you are but office on my Samsung Tabs will only allow read only. When I open the same files on my phones I have editing capabilities.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissa Oliver