Does anyone have a Gear S/LG G4 connection?

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Have any of you Gear S owners paired up with an LG G4 yet? I'm seriously considering switching from my Note 4 to the LG G4, and I'm curious as to how well they work together.

johnc1992

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
I own a Gear S and just purchased an LG G4 I think ive isolated the code that causes the Gear Manager setup process to fail. I don't know much about debugging software but im determined to figure it out. Here is the code I think is responsible.

Code:
E/ApplicationException(25827): Exception in background thread:DataReceiver-103
D/AndroidRuntime(25827): Shutting down VM
E/AndroidRuntime(25827): FATAL EXCEPTION: main
E/AndroidRuntime(25827): Process: com.samsung.android.hostmanager, PID: 25827
E/AndroidRuntime(25827): java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Failed resolution of: Lcom/samsung/android/telephony/MultiSimManager;
E/AndroidRuntime(25827):        at com.samsung.accessory.api.SAServiceChannel$BackgroundExceptionHandler$1.run(SAServiceChannel.java:67)
E/AndroidRuntime(25827):        at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:739)
E/AndroidRuntime(25827):        at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:95)
E/AndroidRuntime(25827):        at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:135)
E/AndroidRuntime(25827):        at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5430)
E/AndroidRuntime(25827):        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime(25827):        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:372)
E/AndroidRuntime(25827):        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:913)
E/AndroidRuntime(25827):        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:706)
E/AndroidRuntime(25827): Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Failed resolution of: Lcom/samsung/android/telephony/MultiSimManager;
E/AndroidRuntime(25827):        at com.samsung.android.hostmanager.callforward.LMultiSimManager.getPhoneNumber(LMultiSimManager.java:65)
E/AndroidRuntime(25827):        at com.samsung.android.hostmanager.callforward.MultiSimCallForwardManager.getPhoneNumberSim2(MultiSimCallForwardManager.java:341)
E/AndroidRuntime(25827):        at com.samsung.android.hostmanager.service.HMSAPProviderService.jsonSendInitSyncSettingValue(HMSAPProviderService.java:9328)
E/AndroidRuntime(25827):        at com.samsung.android.hostmanager.service.HMSAPProviderService.syncAll(HMSAPProviderService.java:9692)
E/AndroidRuntime(25827):        at com.samsung.android.hostmanager.service.HMSAPProviderService.onDataAvailable(HMSAPProviderService.java:3271)
E/AndroidRuntime(25827):        at com.samsung.android.hostmanager.connection.HMSAPSASocket.onReceive(HMSAPSASocket.java:350)
E/AndroidRuntime(25827):        at com.samsung.android.sdk.accessory.SASocket$ChannelCallback.onRead(SASocket.java:722)
E/AndroidRuntime(25827):        at com.samsung.accessory.api.SAServiceChannel$EventCallBackResultReceiver.onReceiveResult(SAServiceChannel.java:220)
E/AndroidRuntime(25827):        at android.os.ResultReceiver$MyRunnable.run(ResultReceiver.java:50)
E/AndroidRuntime(25827):        at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:739)
E/AndroidRuntime(25827):        at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:95)
E/AndroidRuntime(25827):        at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:135)
E/AndroidRuntime(25827):        at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:61)
E/AndroidRuntime(25827): Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Didn't find class "com.samsung.android.telephony.MultiSimManager" on path: DexPathList[[zip file "/data/app/com.samsung.android.hostmanager-2/base.apk"],nativeLibraryDirectories=[/vendor/lib, /system/lib]]
E/AndroidRuntime(25827):        at dalvik.system.BaseDexClassLoader.findClass(BaseDexClassLoader.java:56)
E/AndroidRuntime(25827):        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:511)
E/AndroidRuntime(25827):        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:469)
E/AndroidRuntime(25827):        ... 13 more
E/AndroidRuntime(25827):        Suppressed: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.samsung.android.telephony.MultiSimManager
E/AndroidRuntime(25827):                at java.lang.Class.classForName(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime(25827):                at java.lang.BootClassLoader.findClass(ClassLoader.java:781)
E/AndroidRuntime(25827):                at java.lang.BootClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:841)
E/AndroidRuntime(25827):                at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:504)
E/AndroidRuntime(25827):                ... 14 more
E/AndroidRuntime(25827):        Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Class not found using the boot class loader; no stack available

Jeremy Weyrauch

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Thank you very much for this thread. My Edge 6+ just overheats and kind of sucks and my wife is underwhelmed with her Note 5. I fell in love with the LG V10. It's slick. The problem is that both my wife and I have a Gear S... We have an old Note 2 which I imagine I can pair with our Gear S to update and change things up, but that won't solve getting notifications on our watches using the LG V10.

The whole reason we got the watches is for the instant notifications.

Any help you all can provide with using Gear S and LG together is appreciated.

priceslss

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
Thank you very much for this thread. My Edge 6+ just overheats and kind of sucks and my wife is underwhelmed with her Note 5. I fell in love with the LG V10. It's slick. The problem is that both my wife and I have a Gear S... We have an old Note 2 which I imagine I can pair with our Gear S to update and change things up, but that won't solve getting notifications on our watches using the LG V10.

The whole reason we got the watches is for the instant notifications.

Any help you all can provide with using Gear S and LG together is appreciated.

I am about to be in the same boat as you and your wife... I suffer and wait for the LG Urbane 2nd edition to drop. :'(

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Urban 2nd Edition LTE (Android Wear) is about to be released this week on AT&T. That is the true Gear S replacement. 1st Edition either doesn't have cell radio or runs Web OS on the LTE version.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm not too worried about round face. But the lack of app support for any proprietary OS (Tizen or WebOS) is my major concern. To get decent Google services on the watch, it must run Android Wear. It is the future even though AW is till lacking right now. Adding cell radio support (in LG Urban 2nd Edition LTE) is a big step forward for AW

ladeback1

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I have had an LG G4 for about 6 month and have tried many times and different patches to get it to work with my Gear 2, but now luck. I had it paired to my Samsung S5, but am going to trade it in so I paired it with an old S3. I can get email updates via Wi-Fi as long as I have it with me and it's on. Looking to trade Gear 2 in and get something that works with G4. If I waited I might have gotten the Note 5. I like my Gear 2 though.

Posted via the Android Central App

babakmohammadi

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
hi
i connected my G4 to Gear S2 but caller just worked and another notification same as SMS , Telegram & ... didn't work .
i connect to samsung service and they told me you can not use gear S2 by Lg G4. it was very bad news.

Raymond Czaja

Sep 30, 2016
Visit site
I have read all of the threads. There are mentions of other watches. I bought a moto 360 sport for that purpose. It pairs well with my lg g4 with no missing functionality. Only complaint with the moto is a lack of a speaker non my Sport. Although it pairs well with wireless headphones and does have a mike. Notifications are great. As well as HR monitor and step monitor. 4 his of memory and GPS are also plus. Works without carrying your phone, as well.