Does using Nova Launcher on the Note 8 hinder performance?

anon(9947084)

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for all the input people. I'm still hanging on to touchwiz at the moment.
I just added a dark theme to my N8 on touchwiz and I love it. Black background on almost everything and more pleasing to my eyes.
So my next question is... Do I lose the Samsung theming ability if I switch to Nova? Seems like that would be a launcher specific feature.

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
Take a chill pill. We know that tw is fine, which is good enough for the average user. If we want great we use a launcher they allows us to use the phone to its potential. If fine was good enough we would have an iPhone.

Why do I need to chill, like I said, screw Nova Launcher, Twiz is fine. If you want to go changing your phones setup, knock yourself out.
Everybody has an opinion, so just chill?
You don't go along with someone else's experience, all of a sudden, I have to chill. The site is made for suggestions, ideals, opinion, and solutions.
Fall back!

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Screw Nova Launcher, Grace UX Aka Touch wiz is fine.
Nope it's not really.

You get access to better, more, and regularly updated icon packs that support more apps, the grids are more customizable, more gestures (double tap to lock for example), dynamic badges for all apps, better resizing of widgets and padding, etc.

If you're setup is basic, sure TW is fine. If it's pretty customized, it's not fine. The only thing I like better on TW is how the opened folders look.

Nova + Samsung features (almost all of which work with Nova), makes the phone better.

From a speed and stability standpoint, TW on the Note 8 is fine. From a features standpoint, it's lacking.

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
Nope it's not really.

You get access to better, more, and regularly updated icon packs that support more apps, the grids are more customizable, more gestures (double tap to lock for example), dynamic badges for all apps, better resizing of widgets and padding, etc.

If you're setup is basic, sure TW is fine. If it's pretty customized, it's not fine. The only thing I like better on TW is how the opened folders look.

Nova + Samsung features (almost all of which work with Nova), makes the phone better.

From a speed and stability standpoint, TW on the Note 8 is fine. From a features standpoint, it's lacking.

As long as you're happy that's my point.
Sounds like you are, no need to explain anything to me.

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
Take a chill pill. We know that tw is fine, which is good enough for the average user. If we want great we use a launcher they allows us to use the phone to its potential. If fine was good enough we would have an iPhone.

If I was an average user, I'd just use my Pixel for certain projects. The note 8 the way it is, again is just fine.
You want to customize your phone a little more and give it your own personal touch, great. You're doing nothing different than anyone else.
Respectfully.
Good bless

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
"screw Nova launcher"Is an angry and aggressive comment. I never said anything negative about tw or its users.

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
"screw Nova launcher"Is an angry and aggressive comment. I never said anything negative about tw or its users.

Please tell me you're not one of those sensative persons whereas even an indirect word hurts them.
People will say, "screw" Samsung, and you done went and took it personally. Because if it does, you need to grow up. I bet you're in YouTube crying about everything someone says negative about Samsung, or what doesn't suit you.
It ain't that serious. and if it does bother you, suggestion, stay off the net.
There's a whole lot of words worst than screw. 😁

reinbeau

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
It's all about choice, isn't it? None of you are 'right'. Some like Nova Launcher, some don't. I'm in the former camp and it has nothing to do with what phone I'm using. I like Nova Launcher's versatility. Nothing to argue about.

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
If I had a pixel I would still use Nova Launcher. You clearly don't understand.

you just use nova because you want to. So ridiculous this argument.
In the end I'll still accomplish just as much as you would.
Utter nonsense
Nova, Apex, Google, and Air launcher are for customizations. You could buy icon packs and do a little more with your icons.
In the end you still have a note 8 you've customized to your advantage.

I choose to use it the way it is and again If we worked on the same project, both of us would complete it the same. My Huawei, has Apex Launcher right now because I didn't like the Emotion UI, to me Apex suits me better for that phone
Have fun fellows, this isn't that serious. 😎

Last edited:

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
In end I'll still accomplish just as much as you would.
Utter nonsense
Yes. It's like comparing a Toyota and a BMW. One is clearly better than the other in terms of features (more cupholders lol), but in the end you both accomplish the same thing, get from point A to point B. It's a user'a choice which to get for himself.

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
In end I'll still accomplish just as much as you would.
Utter nonsense
Nova offers things TouchWiz does... TouchWiz offers Samsung features that Nova doesn't.

Neither are wrong so let's all chill out... K? K.

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Ladies and gentlemen, please keep discussion productive and on topic. Personal attacks, insults, taking threads off topic and other disruptive posting behaviors are not acceptable. If you do not like a post, please behave like an adult and move on, or if you feel it violates the forum rules, please report it. At no point should members be calling each other out in posts. Thanks.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I just feel like some of the people ripping on Nova (launcher apps in general) haven't given them a fair shake or aren't phone tinkerers. If you like it how it is, that's fine but don't knock people's choices who like to change their phones up more than TouchWiz allows. It's harmless fun. It's apparently not everyone's cup of tea.

Centerman66

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for all the input people. I'm still hanging on to touchwiz at the moment.
I just added a dark theme to my N8 on touchwiz and I love it. Black background on almost everything and more pleasing to my eyes.
So my next question is... Do I lose the Samsung theming ability if I switch to Nova? Seems like that would be a launcher specific feature.
I use nova and still take advantage of a Samsung theming. It works fine.

NeoGrandizer

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
You can still utilize the Samsung themes in Nova Launcher. Just need to tweak settings in Nova to use 'system' default. I also use dark themes (not necessarily black, just dark) LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilliejoylene