Does your Epson rev003 have grayish whites?

DizWhiz

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I have read the Novatec vs Epson thread and I understand the color temp differences (which I don't really care about) but my wife's EVO just came in and has a Novatec rev003 screen which makes mine look dull and gray.

4817241540_4eefbf9297_b.jpg

I set both phones to 50% brightness and put them side by side, same backgrounds etc and tested the browser on a blank Google search page. The Novatec is overall brighter, darker gray/blacks and the white Google page looks white where on my Epson it looks like 20% gray. Even if I crank it up near 100% is never looks 'white'. I've also posted about seeing vertical equidistant lines (I was told it's the screen tech) but on the Google page is much more noticeable on my Epson, barely even there on her Novatec.

I noticed the muted color/grayish whites before but now that I have another model to compare it's really obvious. Is this just the life of an Epson screen owner or does mine go below the norm?

Last edited:

DizWhiz

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site

I kind of figured. I still have 8 days left before my 30 days are up but every Sprint store in town is out of stock (I ordered mine online) and I really don't want a rev002 refurb. I'm trying to gauge if this is just me being OCD or not. I didn't show it in the photo but I also have very slight light leakage under my home/search buttons. The top of the screen is definitely recessed lower than the lip, where the bottom is almost flush.

xorbe

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
LCDs vary widely ... one probably has a brighter LED. The one on the left is a touch greenish which gives it that dirty look. It's completely within tolerances ...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FABETTTTT