Don't drop it!

Kibbster

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
Horse bolted and all that but put the stock case back on it.
Don't like the case but until the one I ordered 3 weeks ago arrives it's all I've got.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Braini4c

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
If your with EE you could get the phone insurance with them and claim a few hours later as the insurance covers you as soon as you sign up.

I did this with my S4 and got a brand new handset the next day of the claim.

Braini4c

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Horse bolted and all that but put the stock case back on it.
Don't like the case but until the one I ordered 3 weeks ago arrives it's all I've got.

You still waiting on that dot view case? I suggest you buy from carphone warehouse they have stock on the website that's were i bought mine from.

Kibbster

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
If your with EE you could get the phone insurance with them and claim a few hours later as the insurance covers you as soon as you sign up.

I did this with my S4 and got a brand new handset the next day of the claim.

I thought that had to be taken out when you buy the phone.

Kibbster

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
You still waiting on that dot view case? I suggest you buy from carphone warehouse they have stock on the website that's were i bought mine from.

Cancelled the order for the dot case in the end, delivery went from 5 days to over a month.
Ordered a different one but that's taking nearly as long.

Kibbster

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
Please keep things on topic. Corrective action has been taken for posts violating the forum rules. Intentionally posting in a manner that violates the forum rules is not allowed. Please review the link to the community guidelines in my signature.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Seriously what's wrong with people that they have to try and troll and derail every single thread.
Thanks.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Ouch. It always sucks to read about a cracked screen :(.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Seriously what's wrong with people that they have to try and troll and derail every single thread.
Thanks.

the report function on the forum works very well:)

the way I have dropped past phone I could ever imagine NOT using a case.

brad4560

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hear! Hope they can help! I dropped my m8 two weeks back and got a few nicks.. nothing too bad. With a case on. Accidents do happen!

Posted via Android Central App

Kibbster

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
Well phoned HTC UK and they can do a paid repair but they'd need the phone first before they can give me a cost.

So no HTC advantage in the UK, and asking them no idea when it would be either.

:(

Kibbster

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
That really stinks. I'm sorry. :( Is the repair expensive?

I doubt it will be cheap but I've got household insurance if all fails (high excess.)
I've taken out phone insurance (low excess but might be a PITA to claim)
HTC won't give a price till they see the phone, but if they get the phone and I want it back without being repaired when I get the quote, it'll cost me ?27 to get my phone back still broken.

Going to try my luck with phone insurance first, will take a few weeks to repair and ?25+ if they even allow the claim.
House insurance next and then failing that HTC will be my last resort and I get my mate to pay towards the cost as he broke it ;)

Vsweety

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Use a case...

And not just any case!
Hard-shell cases only protect against scratches. Not against bumps, shocks, falls, bounces, or hits. I.o.w. not against screens breaking!
Get a shock-absorbing silicone case for protection against bumps, shocks, falls, bounces, and hits too.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I doubt it will be cheap but I've got household insurance if all fails (high excess.)
I've taken out phone insurance (low excess but might be a PITA to claim)
HTC won't give a price till they see the phone, but if they get the phone and I want it back without being repaired when I get the quote, it'll cost me ?27 to get my phone back still broken.

Going to try my luck with phone insurance first, will take a few weeks to repair and ?25+ if they even allow the claim.
House insurance next and then failing that HTC will be my last resort and I get my mate to pay towards the cost as he broke it ;)

Worst situation ever. Hope it gets resolved easily.

Does square trade offer services in the UK?

Kibbster

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
And not just any case!
Hard-shell cases only protect against scratches. Not against bumps, shocks, falls, bounces, or hits. I.o.w. not against screens breaking!
Get a shock-absorbing silicone case for protection against bumps, shocks, falls, bounces, and hits too.

Any case that was raised over the edge of the screen would have probably saved it.
The drop wasn't all that far, my friend was sitting down when it happened, it bounced off the seat next to him them hit the floor so it was a 2 foot drop at most.
Just unlucky it landed screen down on the edge by the volume buttons which is where there is a small chunk of screen missing and the cracks spread out from.