Don't send your GS3 to samsung for warranty issues

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
so where did you buy it from? VZW will insure it through Assurion if you buy it through an authorized dealer. I got mine on ebay and they said they won't insure it but I can get insurance when there is open enrollment.

EBay. Insurance was already on my plan, and didn't change with the new device. I called to double check and they said I'm covered.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
EBay. Insurance was already on my plan, and didn't change with the new device. I called to double check and they said I'm covered.

ah, that might be the difference, you already had it when you got the new device. I cancelled my insurance after having it for a year for my tbolt since by that point it wasn't worth it any longer.

dj hidroid

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
When I called on Monday I had them expedite the claim and when I called tonight and checked the tracker online it said that the repair is finished and it's boxed and waiting to be scanned into U.P.S.'s system. Return shipping is two business days so I'll have her back on either Friday or Monday at the latest. It's says component replaced, PRL and software updated. Since there isn't a chance in hell that they updated the os to Jb I'm guessing they pushed the update that's removes universal search. Can't wait to have my beautiful Gs3 back. For anyone who is dealing with a delay with a repair at Sammy call tech support and have the claim expedited. It worked for me thank god. :D

enjamin

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
So a "good manager" is one that will give you insurance coverage after he knows you have a problem?

No I was refferring to time frame
Because bby is supposed to offer it while your in your 30 days for return or plan drop
However you may be told differently if the persons there don't want to do it... quite a few will take care of you but there are some out there that won't do squat

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Android Central Forums

bigguh

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
FYI, my wife accidentally drop a pulley attachment on her screen and was pissed. The screen was completely disabled. She got very bratty and insisted that Verizon needed to give her a new phone. I tried to explain to her that Verizon wouldn't do that and they don't swap out phones at the store anymore. She found this out after going to the store, even though I tried to save her the trouble. Went through Asurion and expected a refurbished phone but got a new one after the $99 deductible (geez). I guess that's the way it goes with these high end phones, even though the deductible used to be $59. We didn't have to send back anything except the damaged phone. We got to keep the headphones, battery and charger. Not bad.

JustLeft

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
FYI, my wife accidentally drop a pulley attachment on her screen and was pissed. The screen was completely disabled. She got very bratty and insisted that Verizon needed to give her a new phone. I tried to explain to her that Verizon wouldn't do that and they don't swap out phones at the store anymore. She found this out after going to the store, even though I tried to save her the trouble. Went through Asurion and expected a refurbished phone but got a new one after the $99 deductible (geez). I guess that's the way it goes with these high end phones, even though the deductible used to be $59. We didn't have to send back anything except the damaged phone. We got to keep the headphones, battery and charger. Not bad.

I also replaced my damaged s3 through Asurion. They were very easy to work with. They sent me a new s3 and let me keep my accessories. So now I have an extra battery, charging cable and head phones. Can't beat that!

avalentine1947

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy 3, I bought from Amazon in March 2014. My screen went black Christmas evening. I went to a cell repair store and bought a new screen for $174.99. I later filed a claim with Square Trade. Square Trade said the phone was under the 1 year warranty and to go through Samsung. I found out that you had to mail in your phone to repair. However, I had already repaired it, because I didn't want to mail my phone and be without a phone for 2 weeks or more. I found out that Samsung does not reimburse for repair, you have to mail it in. So the warranty was worthless to me and I'm out $174.99. But when it is out of warranty if anything happens hopefully Square Trade will be helpful and reimburse me for repairs.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582