Dont understand how my sd card is full???

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
How much did you pay for this card on ebay?

Also tv shows and movies can easily take up gigs of storage. I'm not surprised your running out of space.

Well legit SanDisk 32GB mSD is class 2 but you get beyond class 4 r/w due to higher quilty build. If its fake go buy real one as they are like $70 also stay away from Kingston 32GB Class 4. Don't buy BS names like TopRAM, Centron, act. I recommend Patriot LX 32GB Class 10 mSD from Newegg as they selling for $99.

Sent from my HTC Glacier

Man that's alot of money for a SD card. I would like to just get a class 2 32 gbs card from amazon. I believe amazon sells them for $70 dollars new from their warehouse and yes I'm willing to wait the 6+ hours to have every thing transfered on the a class 2 card. lol

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
empty the computers trash, not the phones. emptying the computers will empty the phones at the same time.

HKM

Banned
Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
You guys are freaking crazy if you want to wait over 2hours, man ill kill myself if I had to sit and wait and watch it go slow lol but its not expensive as considering last year 32GB was selling for $200. I am talking about mSD from REPUTABLE dealers not BS cards that was created in shadow shifts from people you never heard of I will never trust any POS company with my data.

Class 10 for $100 32gb = best deal
Read = 15-16mbps
Write = 12-14mbps

It all depends on your own need what you need the card for just storage or for something else. Now when card is rated as any class it does not mean its slow all it means is at the most worst case the minimum has to meet that requirement, thats where quality comes in to play. For example SanDisk lower rating cards can out take Kingston's higher rating cards. Normally write is always slower than read speed so if you need it for storage then go with SanDisk 32GB Class 2 from Amazon as I said before. SanDisk is superior when it comes to memory cards, matter of fact other vendors like Kingston and Samsung actually buy it from them.

Sent from my HTC Glacier

HKM

Banned
Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, I may have a fake. Looks like I'm filing an ebay dispute

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Well it maybe better if you call the vendor or drop the Tech Support email requesting information regarding howto verify the card by providing serial number to check it against their database. Normally most BS card on eBay claim its higher rating then the company actually produce it in that case you can go ahead and supply them with proof, as it will me much easier. I hope all of you get your money back as none has to go though the BS lol IDK why yall think your getting so good deal, if it seems too good to be true it isn't. Only buy it from place you trust that you know if you have problem you can send it back.

For example I just came home from local UPS and sent something back to Newegg, I been dealing with them for 6years now and have outstanding account with them. Not only did they accept my RMA which is over 30days as I passed close to 60days but they also waved the restocking fee and sent me UPS shipping label. You need to know if something goes wrong they have your back. I don't care about 10-15dollar lol as I know I am getting what I need and if something goes wrong it will be taken care of.

Sent from my HTC Glacier

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
If you have Rom manger look for the clockwork folder on your SD card, then open and look for backups. Delete all but the 2 most current ones.
My phone is rooted with unrevoked. To be honest I dont actually know how many back ups I have? I was looking at my sd card last night and saw what I thought were Titanium backups??? I erased the one with the older date. Could you tell me how to check for Nan back ups?

Thanks

Sent from DroidX running DarkSlide4.2

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Running higher speed msd cards are not going to do u any good on your android phone.the only speed difference you'll see is when u plug it into your computer.you can go in and tinker with numbers in the root file but there will be no.difference.
You guys are freaking crazy if you want to wait over 2hours, man ill kill myself if I had to sit and wait and watch it go slow lol but its not expensive as considering last year 32GB was selling for $200. I am talking about mSD from REPUTABLE dealers not BS cards that was created in shadow shifts from people you never heard of I will never trust any POS company with my data.

Class 10 for $100 32gb = best deal
Read = 15-16mbps
Write = 12-14mbps

It all depends on your own need what you need the card for just storage or for something else. Now when card is rated as any class it does not mean its slow all it means is at the most worst case the minimum has to meet that requirement, thats where quality comes in to play. For example SanDisk lower rating cards can out take Kingston's higher rating cards. Normally write is always slower than read speed so if you need it for storage then go with SanDisk 32GB Class 2 from Amazon as I said before. SanDisk is superior when it comes to memory cards, matter of fact other vendors like Kingston and Samsung actually buy it from them.

Sent from my HTC Glacier

black05x5

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm very happy to report that I was able to fix it my phone memory problem. I connected the phone to my Mac and emptied the trash. Turns out I had almost 15gb in the trash folder! Thanks so much for all your help. This is a great forum!

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Glad to hear it, but how do you have a trash folder?
When you delete from a card it should wipe it completely.
Also, I would still invest in a more reliable card.

black05x5

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I watch all the videos using Rock Player app. I delete them right in the app. Turns out Rock Player puts them into a trash folder which doesn't show when I connect to my Mac. I had no idea. Think my card is ok. It's legitimate SanDisk. I now have tons of space on the card.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Glad to hear it, but how do you have a trash folder?
When you delete from a card it should wipe it completely.
Also, I would still invest in a more reliable card.

I watch all the videos using Rock Player app. I delete them right in the app. Turns out Rock Player puts them into a trash folder which doesn't show when I connect to my Mac. I had no idea. Think my card is ok. It's legitimate SanDisk. I now have tons of space on the card.

Don't have an explanation for why it works but it just does. Must just be a quirk of using an Android phone with a Mac. I forgot who gave me the tip to do the same thing a few weeks ago but I went from having only 2gb of a 16gb card available up to 11gb. That inlcuded a lot of music and about 4 nandroid backups that i thought were gone but were just hiding out somewhere.

HKM

Banned
Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Running higher speed msd cards are not going to do u any good on your android phone.the only speed difference you'll see is when u plug it into your computer.you can go in and tinker with numbers in the root file but there will be no.difference.

You obviously don't know what you talking about, go do search on me about microSDHC and you seem to not understand and confused device IOPs with SD2.0 transfer rate with actual device speed. Some device is limited but post standard is passed class 6 ATM. Go look at my benchmarks I'm sure you can comprehend it at least.

For the record do not listen to him without card reader I got 12mbps write and 15mbps read on MT4G, I know some device are not capable as a lot of factors plays role on it how data is preallocated directly from data channels to device memory.

Sent from my HTC Glacier

Zooks64

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
The files on SD cards can get fragmented just like regular hard drive files. If you are saving and deleting a lot of files you might try defragging the card.

Also try using TreeSize Free on the card (when it is plugged into your computer) to see exactly where all the space is going. You might find some files on there that you can delete.