Don't use fingerprint unlock with Airplane Mode? (horror story)

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I typed in my backup password but it said that was wrong too. I know user error is to be expected here, but I really think I was typing it correctly. I tired a few times but not enough to make it brick my phone.

Did the backup password work when you initially tested it after setting up the fingerprint lock? Or did you not test it?

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
A Best Buy "Samsung Experience Consultant" (let's call her "SEC" for short) just wiped my Note 5 without asking me, after I explicitly told her not to. The words I used are "priceless data -- do not wipe under any circumstances".

Any data you care about--let alone consider "priceless"--should be backed up immediately. Anything that isn't backed up should be presumed able to disappear at any moment. That's especially true for a phone, which can easily get lost, stolen, or destroyed.

trucky

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
For those Verizon users who don't show findmymobile settings... Do you have a Samsung Account enabled on your device?

ccpopham

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Yes always have the Samsung account turned on. Logged in from phone and even showed that I was logged into to Sammy acct from the note 5.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your problems . but just to clear something up,the iPhone doesn't automatically save pictures...you have to enable this setting,either in the initial setup or through the settings menu.

Sent from my Verizon iPhone 6s Plus

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Sprint doesn't have "Find My Mobile" either. Mine did come with the Lookout app that will do the same thing. Sprint probably cut a deal to disable the Samsung system version for a percentage of the Lookout premium services that people may buy.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Sprint doesn't have "Find My Mobile" either. Mine did come with the Lookout app that will do the same thing. Sprint probably cut a deal to disable the Samsung system version for a percentage of the Lookout premium services that people may buy.

Lookout is a huge resource hog. I bought it years ago and disable it now.

I like Wheres My Droid the best and just have the ADM and Find My Mobile, just for backup because they are free.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
No, that was just a coincidence.

The problem was that fingerprint unlock stopped working (for whatever reason) and, because his phone was in airplane mode, he could not use any of various tools to remotely unlock it.

Having said that, I agree with other posters here that he should have been able to turn airplane mode off simply by dragging down from the top of the lockscreen.

As to the other posters who do not have see Samsung Find My Mobile, I think that is because they never setup a Samsung account and linked it to the device.

jlilnc14

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
nope, samsung account is signed into my phone. I can go to samsung find my mobile website and it shows my phone but it can't do anything. Says I need to set up my phone by going to Find my mobile in settings, but that option is not there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acecool99