Double Lock Screen after Marshmallow update...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Ford7

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm running CM 13 (Marshmallow) and it has an option to skip the first lockscreen. If your phone is rooted, I highly recommend this OS.
The only problem (if the CynagoenMod guys are listening) is that now I have only a pattern. No clock, notifications, widgets etc.
On kikat they were combined on one screen

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160602-150419.png
    Screenshot_20160602-150419.png
    87.7 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_20160602-150536.png
    Screenshot_20160602-150536.png
    69.4 KB · Views: 18

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm running CM 13 (Marshmallow) and it has an option to skip the first lockscreen. If your phone is rooted, I highly recommend this OS.
The only problem (if the CynagoenMod guys are listening) is that now I have only a pattern. No clock, notifications, widgets etc.
On kikat they were combined on one screen

See, once again, this doesn't solve an issue, it's a bandaid. Personally I don't want to Root my phone nor do I want to install something I don't personally need to simply get rid of one frickin screen. Samsung needs to understand how people feel about this and correct on an update.

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
Downloaded and installed earlier this afternoon. Played around for a few minutes and the phone seems faster for sure. One thing thats bugging me is there are now 2 lock screens. I have to swipe the 1st screen, then enter my pin on the 2nd screen. Does anyone know of a fix for this? Im on verizon, if that helps.

Im also reading the update was recently pulled by verizon on both AC comments and also Reddit threads. Whats up?

What's even worse is if u don't swipe upwards the phone isn't even locked !! Swipe sideways and it unlocks without a passcode!!! I just desicovered it scary anyone can get into my work phone

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
Scary if I don't swipe upwards!! I can use lock button and then turn on again and then I can swipe sideways and it unlocks no passcodes needed!!!! What happened why do I need to double lock it?

andrew wood4

Jun 6, 2016
Visit site
Got the update while in Europe. It ruined my trip entirely. When your running to catch a bus or shuttle and have bags in the other hand, this is a nightmare!!! I almost missed my flight because of this stupid update. Probably some kid at android working on the software wanted to go home early and nobody over looked his work before release. Common!!!

Kacas

Jun 11, 2016
Visit site
I had to register just to say how im annoyed with this problem. also, if the thread was created to solve the issue. Changing to fingprint or saying is no big deal is not a solution ffs.

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
I too just registered in order to voice my disapproval of this insane extra level of "security". It seems pointless to have a swipe screen to unlock, and then another screen to unlock again. WTF?
In other news, there is a setting on my S7 (Display / Keep screen turned off) which is supposed to prevent the screen from turning on in one's pocket. I have switched this ON, but it obviously does not work, as I have had problems with pocket-based activity, which is why I decided to enable a pattern lock in the first place. Not happy with Marshmallow thus far... (angry face).

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Hope developers decide to re-visit this idiotic situation.

I am sure they will. It's pointless to say this double lock is to prevent pocket dialing, I am pretty sure my pocket doesn't know my swipe pattern or can is smart enough to decipher a pin number in order to pocket dial someone. Samsung's explanation is very poor considering there is no double lock screen when you have a simple SWIPE to unlock. So they had better revert this change back, as they have had to have had crap load of people complaining

jantuijp

Jun 15, 2016
Visit site
The developers obviously forgot to make this 'feature' dependant on the pattern lock. However they spin it, this is a bug, not a feature.

GalaxyPete

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
Another intentional flaw, designed to irritate device owners in the hopes they will buy a new phone.

This is what they do. Samsung, Google, Microsoft, etc. They send us these updates all the time. Google does it. Samsung does it. They all do it. All these little updates they issue out.... they are designed to bloat your phone and make it slower. I'm not just talking about major Android updates. Anytime you open your notification and you see "Gallery has updated" "Samsung Pay has updated" etc. etc....it's just making your phone more and more inefficient. Your phone is getting more and more inefficient over time and eventually you will buy a new phone because of it. That is their plan.

Then there are annoyances like this one. These companies have board meetings on these very things, I swear. They have done market research and testing to determine what flaws should be implemented to achieve the perfect balance between users not completely abandoning their favorite company and yet pushing them over the edge enough to buy a new device. That is what they do. That is why every time you update to the new android there are without fail "bugs". They are subtle. They are annoying. Can you blame them? It's all about the money.

And they're slick about it. See, it's not like the developers are aware of it. They're just doing their jobs as programmers. They are just trying to make your phone "better". But they have incentives to make these updates larger and larger and to include particular features. They get work orders from the boss, who in turn receives input from the bigwigs. Features like the double lock screen are work orders issued from higher ups who have done that market research as mentioned above.

Solution (and this is what I am doing): disable any and all automatic update features. Be it Google or Samsung or whoever. Disable all updates. Do it manually if need be. Your phone was perfect the first time it was turned on. It was designed to be efficient on day one. It didn't need any updates. I have learned my lesson and will never install another update. By day one hundred your phone is already on a path to inefficiency and you're already questioning upgrading to a new device.

I hate to sound like a conspiracy theorist here, but, well.....the system is rigged. Fact.

GOT1

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site

MY GOD! Getting sick of seeing new posts here and people posting the same response again and again!
WE DO NOT WANT TO USE THE FRICKIN' FINGER PRINT OPTION! THAT IS THE WHOLE BASIS OF THIS FRICKIN' POST! And it's not like you even had to read all 4 pages of the thread, you simply needed to just read the ONE post above, that's it! And you would have known.......
We want a FIX not a bandaid for having a double lock screen when using pattern lock or pin.

Thank you! I'm having the same problem and it's annoying. I hope there's a solution soon. I just want to use pin or pattern that's it!

xina wotitdo

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
Long time reader of android central, first time registrant just to join this thread. Of all the strange, irritating, and irrational "features" I've encountered since FroYo this is the worst.
I was avoiding Marshmallow by hitting Update Later for weeks on end until I hit Update Now by accident. So regret it!

riahc3

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Some of you have a serious OCD issue which you should look into. Im dead serious. This happens on my phone as well and after a week, I dont even notice/remember it. Tap once on your lock screen anywher, input your pattern, done.

But honestly, this has nothing to do with the phone, Andrid....this is a obessive disorder you should look into. Honestly.

Anth_felice

Jun 29, 2016
Visit site
I just registered on android central to also vent my frustration. This double screen 'feature' is not doing anything except making my phone less user friendly.

Poor effort if this is the solution to pocket dialing. How can i rave to friends about my samsung now?

We need a solution guys. :(

davidwest007

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Tonight the Marshmallow upgrade started on its own and has changed my draw pattern altogether. I can't get into my phone at all!!!!

This is WAAACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ron1morgan