Double Lock Screen after Marshmallow update...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belinda Turner

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Downloaded and installed earlier this afternoon. Played around for a few minutes and the phone seems faster for sure. One thing thats bugging me is there are now 2 lock screens. I have to swipe the 1st screen, then enter my pin on the 2nd screen. Does anyone know of a fix for this? Im on verizon, if that helps.

Im also reading the update was recently pulled by verizon on both AC comments and also Reddit threads. Whats up?

I got rid of mine. When the screen comes up don't swipe. In the upper right are three little menu dots. Select and select turn off.

Last edited by a moderator:

Raimoraimo

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site
+1 ridiculously annoying. Apparently it might be an Android issue, either way Samsung and/or Google need to get their **** together!

Apparently it is also an intended "feature" to reduce accidental unlock attempts in pockets etc. Well make it, or removing of the 1st swipe layer (when using pattern lock) a setting then!

Xeleena

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site
It's over 4 months now, and still no solution? :mad:

This ENTIRE thread was based on Double lock ONLY if you are using PIN or PATTERN. We all know it's not an issue when using Fingerprint. This has been discussed out the WAHZOO! And it keeps getting repeated. Please read the entire thread next time and you would see this.

You Sir, make reading every single post in this thread so much better. I completely understand your frustration, but your response are pretty entertaining. Anyhow, I really hope there will be a solution soon (or maybe there is?).

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
It's over 4 months now, and still no solution? :mad:

You Sir, make reading every single post in this thread so much better. I completely understand your frustration, but your response are pretty entertaining. Anyhow, I really hope there will be a solution soon (or maybe there is?).

Not the best First Impression there...

Teysz

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site
I've got the same issue with the Samsung J5 after installing Marshmallow. Disabling Google Lock as a trusted agent didn't help. Also this device has no option for fingerprint security. I also do not have any 3rd party apps installed. Any other solutions?

Tdonv

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
I have a Note5 and none of the solutions in this thread have solved my problem. I try and use fingerprint it still makes me use a pattern.
I went thru Samsung's online customer service a couple of weeks ago. They told me it was an added feature. I asked them who wants to have to unlick their phone twice and told them this was no feature. I hope they fix this problem soon. I hate it. I will go back to Apple.

Resuzeku

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
Disabling the agents on my Note 4 worked like a charm, so thanks to all the people who posted that solution. It's been bugging me since Lollipop and continued on in Marshmallow. Sorry to hear that's not always the case with S6. I really hope Samsung fixes it for you guys.

Dec 3, 2016
Visit site
Downloaded and installed earlier this afternoon. Played around for a few minutes and the phone seems faster for sure. One thing thats bugging me is there are now 2 lock screens. I have to swipe the 1st screen, then enter my pin on the 2nd screen. Does anyone know of a fix for this? Im on verizon, if that helps.

Im also reading the update was recently pulled by verizon on both AC comments and also Reddit threads. Whats up?

I have the s7 edge and i think i fixed it.
So you need to go to settings >display > and scroll down to the always on display. Turn that off and the second lock screen should be gone. Hope this helps ^3^

Bradley Sanchez

Jan 3, 2017
Visit site
I too just registered in order to voice my disapproval of this insane extra level of "security". It seems pointless to have a swipe screen to unlock, and then another screen to unlock again. WTF?
In other news, there is a setting on my S7 (Display / Keep screen turned off) which is supposed to prevent the screen from turning on in one's pocket. I have switched this ON, but it obviously does not work, as I have had problems with pocket-based activity, which is why I decided to enable a pattern lock in the first place. Not happy with Marshmallow thus far... (angry face).

Probably a solution to the issue is to access developer options since it has an option that says "screen lock" and its description says that it will require your phone to be unlocked for use, turn it off and see if it helps

Ajasears1978

Dec 23, 2016
Visit site
I think I found a solution. I first did everything I've read to get ride of that blue lock screen. I even tried to change to the finger print n pattern, Nada didn't work. So I desided to click the upper right I think it was dots, but watever it says turn off or about. I turn that sucker off. I tested it by putting my Fon on lock. When I hit my home button to turn on guess wat it was gone. Hope this helps. Funny thing is I changed from swip to pattern but I swiped. Hey its gone now so I dnt care but thinking bout putting a pattern Bck on.

Rohith Rot

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone this double lock problem just came to my samsung S5 phone as well. however after a few hours i read a solution in another thread.. i got it fixed :) here is how to get rid of this double lock feature on samsung S5. simple

settings>security>trusted agents> deactivate smart lock(google) feature.

thank you

2mas33

Mar 25, 2017
Visit site
Hi everyone this double lock problem just came to my samsung S5 phone as well. however after a few hours i read a solution in another thread.. i got it fixed :) here is how to get rid of this double lock feature on samsung S5. simple

settings>security>trusted agents> deactivate smart lock(google) feature.

thank you

Was Zcamera on my daughters mobile. Uninstalling removed it. Check network data usage for suspicious activity.

Damnbabydoll

Mar 30, 2017
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and I was having the same problem.

I fixed it by going to the Settings - Backup and Reset - Reset Settings - then it will give you a warning display I went ahead and Reset the Settings.

It got rid of that annoying extra display. So far it hasn't come back. I did have to go back and manually change my theme to what I had it before but it's better than that annoying screen.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
It has something to do with the Peel Remote update. Try disabling that and see if it fixes your problem.

It's nothing to do with Peel remote. If you read the thread you will see why it was done, and that there is nothing you can do currently to fix it. It wasn't an error. It was done on purpose.

SDWolf

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I had the same same double lock screen problem. I found out tte problem on my Verizon S6 was due to a shady bloatware app, Peel Smart Remote. Once I disabled the app in the app manager, it went away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webchambers