Dreaded green flicker on right side of screen

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Since a few days ago, my P7P flashes/flickers the screen and then turns off when I press the power button. It flickers between what happens to be on the screen and a black screen. Maybe 2-3 cycles. Just me?

Thanks all!

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Since a few days ago, my P7P flashes/flickers the screen and then turns off when I press the power button. It flickers between what happens to be on the screen and a black screen. Maybe 2-3 cycles. Just me?

Thanks all!
Yeah a lot of people have had that issue. Mine had green flashes on the screen and then one night it went dead and wouldn't even turn on. I got a replacement. Has yours been any better?

Reactions: Laura Knotek

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site

Thanks all!
Came back to say it stopped after a reboot. I wanted to give it plenty of time to see if the problem returned. It hasn't.

BUT - I didn't have green flashes. They were just plain flashing whatever was on the phone screen when I hit the power button.

Reactions: Tomster88

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
It came back (screen flashing when you hit the power button to turn off the screen, not green).

Rebooting helps much less now. Comes back same day.

I'll just reframe it as a feature; it's a cool way for your screen to turn off! Totally unique!

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej