Droid 2 Data NOT Working

adarker2morow76

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
For some reason, several days ago, my friend's 3G stopped working on her Droid 2..WiFi works fine, but NO 3g. Will not check for updates, market, browser etc.

I have done everything such as calling *228, toggling data on/off, everything except a factory reset. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Thanks!

adarker2morow76

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I have pulled the battery out a few times. I completely did the factory reset, and it sucked setting the phone back up again because I had to connect it to Wi-Fi just to do it, because it still did not have 3G.

She actually went into the VZW store today and the guy gave her what I believe to be BS about their 4G network being down. I did recently read on Engadget about this, but I do not see how this affects her 3G Droid 2, while I know three other people at my college that have the same model without any problems of this nature. I wondered if perhaps this problem could have something to do with the radio/frequency and if I were to root it and flash a different radio/ROM onto it if it would fix this error.

Updated: The LTE issue is supposedly fixed now, as of about 11 a.m. this morning, but claims that it just affected LTE modems and those with the Thunderbolt as well

Last edited:

silverfang77

Lone Wolf
Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
If you tried everything and your radio is still out, you should make a warranty claim with Motorola.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloThere