DROID maxx GSM LTE

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
hi i was wondering if you have any screenshots of t-mobile working on LTE when i used it last after the update i only got edge speeds do i need to be in a t-mobile reframed area im in a lte area but not in a reframed area.

I live in central Mass and I am only getting edge speeds with tmobile so far

phathands

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
If given time my maxx can latch onto H+ but it seems to have a tough time holding on to the signal even in town when moving around. It defaults back to edge quickly.

Sent from my DROID MAXX

Reciprocal

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I've been having a lot of trouble keeping my Maxx tied to T-Mobile's H+ signal. It frequently drops all data and, even though I can call and text, completely stops transmitting data for extended periods.

Could it be an APN that needs to be added?

Addition: so far, switching the network mode from global to LTE and back refreshes the connection. Not a great fix, but it's helping.

Last edited:

phathands

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I've been having a lot of trouble keeping my Maxx tied to T-Mobile's H+ signal. It frequently drops all data and, even though I can call and text, completely stops transmitting data for extended periods.

Could it be an APN that needs to be added?

Addition: so far, switching the network mode from global to LTE and back refreshes the connection. Not a great fix, but it's helping.

Yeah same here. Dropped as I was driving around several times. I reset the APN to default and that caused it to pickup a data connection again, only to drop again later.

I looked online yesterday for recommended T-Mobile APN settings for the maxx but couldn't find any.

Sent from my DROID MAXX

thebull350

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Has there been any update on this? I swapped Verizon for At&T today with my Maxx. Swapped the Sims, and it worked. But I'm hardly seeing any H+ and nothing shows LTE or 4G. Upload speeds are only 3-4 Mbps And DL is 1-1.5mbps
I have tried both global AND the GSM settings
also, everytime I turn the phone on I get a "this sim card is from an unkown source"

Thanks!

justme247

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm curious and this might seem like a stupid question. But I have a maxx and no where on it do a place for a sim. I wanted to take with me to T-mobile. But if it's locked to Verizon how do I get around this?

Posted via Android Central App

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm curious and this might seem like a stupid question. But I have a maxx and no where on it do a place for a sim. I wanted to take with me to T-mobile. But if it's locked to Verizon how do I get around this?

The volume buttons are also the SIM tray. Power down the phone and you can slide it out (carefully) and then replace the nano-SIM. The Maxx is not carrier-locked to Verizon.

See https://motorola-global-portal.cust..._detail/a_id/95448/p/30,6720,8882/kw/sim tray

Nido221

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
Hi, i am facing a problem regarding my lovely Droid Maxx. I accidently selected the USA band in radio frequency band menue while data connection was enabled and i was browsing. And after that my mobile lost the network signal and it shows that "No service".There are two selections in this menue i.e USA and CELLULAR.I tried many times to select to CELLULAR and it also shows that the CELLULAR selected successfuly.But there is no signal.However Wifi,Bluetooth and Gps are all ok and in working condition.Mobile is not rooted yet.Please help me to get out of this situation.
Thank you...

Nido221

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
Hi, i am facing a problem regarding my lovely Droid Maxx. I accidently selected the USA band in radio frequency band menue while data connection was enabled and i was browsing. And after that my mobile lost the network signal and it shows that "No service".There are two selections in this menue i.e USA and CELLULAR.I tried many times to select to CELLULAR and it also shows that the CELLULAR selected successfuly.But there is no signal.However Wifi,Bluetooth and Gps are all ok and in working condition.Mobile is not rooted yet.Please help me to get out of this situation.
Thank you...

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Thank you...

I answered what I assume is your post on Motorola's forums about this, but their rules do not permit an answer like this one.

If you cannot solve by changing the parameters in the LTE On/Off app, I would think the best thing is to reflash the firmware using RSD Lite, fastboot, or House of Moto (Google "House of Moto") to see if it will reflash the radio with the proper parameters and start again from scratch. More than likely this will be the equivalent of a factory data reset, so it'd be a good idea to back up personal photos/videos etc. House of Moto has a choice to keep user data, but, honestly, I think you should just overwrite everything.

Also, you should know that you are risking (a very slight risk) bricking the phone, but without a mobile connection, I'd say that right now it's psuedo-bricked for you.

The latest firmware can be downloaded from here: firmware.center

(the latest is SU6-7.3).

Nido221

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
Thank you very much for replying and help from your side. The people like you really serving the suffering people in the mobile community and a source of spreading the knowledge. ☺
I would like to share with you the basic information about my mobile that it may get easy to guide me in a better way.The image is attached.

Posted via the Android Central App

Nido221

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
Please let me know that before going ahead if FDR may help or not? As still I did not give it a factory date reset.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 1version.jpg
    1version.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 21

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Well, I think I'd start with a factory data reset. See if that solves the issue. If not you move on to the next step...

Nido221

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
Well, I think I'd start with a factory data reset. See if that solves the issue. If not you move on to the next step...

Which type of file i have to download as there are many versions at firmware.center
like IFF OBAKE....Customer,CFC FASTBOOT and CFC OBAKE MAXX...