Droid Razr Maxx-ICS is horrible!!!!

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
If you don't provide details then how can anyone help you. Never touched the email app so I wouldn't know. Download a different email app if it doesn't work.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

Super Turtleman

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I almost forgot how much I HATE ICE CREAM SANDWICH until this morning..........

Sooooo here's a complex problem (another shameless dig against ICS) I want to move an email from the Trash folder back into the Inbox folder.

Would one of you ICS fan club members kindly enlighten me on how this is achieved and then please explain why someone needs to do a Google or Forum search to accomplish something so simple.
Thank you very much,
Stan

Here's your answer.

In Email, tap the top where it says Inbox. Then tap show all folders.Then tap Trash. Then select the email you want to move. Then tap the icon on the bottom (second from left) that looks like an envelope and a folder. Then select where you want to move it to. Hope this helps.

Not super intuitive, so it took me a minute or two to figure it out. Not being smart or anything, I just hadn't done it until right now.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Here's your answer.

In Email, tap the top where it says Inbox. Then tap show all folders.Then tap Trash. Then select the email you want to move. Then tap the icon on the bottom (second from left) that looks like an envelope and a folder. Then select where you want to move it to. Hope this helps.

Not super intuitive, so it took me a minute or two to figure it out. Not being smart or anything, I just hadn't done it until right now.

I thought the envelope icon only toggled between "read" and "unread." When I was experimenting with it, I didn't get an option to move the email anywhere.

Hey its Stan

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Here's your answer.

Turtleman-Thanks for the input. Mine works as described by B. Diddy below and doesn't seem to have the ability to move from folder to folder.

I thought the envelope icon only toggled between "read" and "unread." When I was experimenting with it, I didn't get an option to move the email anywhere.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
So I think the best workaround would just be to forward the email from your Trash back to yourself.

Super Turtleman

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
We're talking about the stock email app right?

1) Click Inbox
Screenshot_2012-08-20-20-47-53-1.jpg

2) Click Show All Folders (it's showing trash because of recent access)
Screenshot_2012-08-20-20-48-07-1.jpg

3) Click Trash
Screenshot_2012-08-20-20-48-13.png

4) Select which email you want to move, then tap move icon
Screenshot_2012-08-20-20-48-24-1.jpg

5) Select folder to move to
Screenshot_2012-08-20-20-48-33.png

If that's not how it works for you, then that's just strange. Mine is all stock.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm. When I was testing out the stock Email app (I typically only use Gmail, but tried out stock Email to see if I could help), I did not see that folder icon to move mail from trash to the inbox.

Oh, and why are you deleting that Publishers Clearinghouse email? YOU MAY HAVE ALREADY WON!!!

Hey its Stan

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Hey Turtleman thanks for taking the time to post the pictures and instructions. Unfortunately, like B.Diddy, I don't have that move folder icon. Strange

Dawnrenae

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I would love any advice on how to get optimal use of ICS. I am using the DROID Maxx and I know I can use it for more than texting and Fb. Anyone have ideas or a link to a tutorial or video or manual?
Thanks.

Dawnrenae

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Sorry in advance if this is a repost...

I'm not sure what I want to do. I just know I want to use it for everything. I know it isn't an Iphone 4s or 5, but I'd love to use it for everything.

I have been trying to dictate documents, and I can't figure out how.

My major problem with the phone is the camera. It doesn't take good pix, so, I downloaded Camera ICS, and even those pix don't focus well... So I'd like advice on cameras.

Really, any info will be great.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Official manual: https://motorola-global-portal.cust...ilename/RAZR_Maxx_UG_Vzw_ICS_68017139001A.pdf

I think the camera is pretty good--here's a thread I started to show off pics taken with the Maxx: http://forums.androidcentral.com/droid-razr-maxx/194756-pics-taken-maxx.html
I find that the first picture I take after immediately starting up the camera can take a little bit longer to focus, but afterwards, focusing is very fast. You can tap on the screen to select an object or person to focus on before snapping the shot.

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it is horrible. It is just... Different. Evolving. Yeah that's the word. It is evolving with how people use it. Pushing us and itself to achieve better. I see nothing wrong with that. But to each his own. My thing is if you don't like change and innovation, there are other options besides Android...

emarioc

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
All, I have had both the Droid X and this last 6-10 months the Droid Razr Maxx. I do agree that before ICS this phone was awesome! I hope add some clarity here, its not ICS for the most part that's the problem. It is Moto's deployment of ICS on this device. Fill in your list of issues here ______________________. I have has two of these my original and a replacement Razr when the new one stopped giving haptic feedback. In short, the phone locks up, it has huge delays in moving from one app to the next. I have performed 3 factory resets. It does run better for a while after the reset, but this is short lived. I found a tip online for clearing the cache, this also improves the performance, however again it soon goes back to being sluggish. If you read around you will see as I have ,many owners of this model indicating issues, major issues. You will also read that Moto was going to come out with a 'fix' to address issues. It never came. As is normally the case, Moto is focused on the new phones and JB must not be a priority for them for the ancient 10 month old phones. I would say that every day is a struggle with this device. Looking forward to a way out. Fix, JB or iPhone?

-Me

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter