Droid Ultra - Unread message notification

Devin_Whitey

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
On my messaging app (stock one) it shows that i have 1 unread message ( it has a little 1 over the messaging logo ) and i can't get it to go away. i have made sure that i don't have any new messages, and even deleted all my conversations but still no luck. i saw some forums where people using sg3's went to their applications settings and cleared the cache for badgeprovider, but i don't have that on my phone. i don't know if they took it out for android 4.4 or the droid ultra, but it's not there. So i am hoping that somebody else has had this issue and solved. i will reply as soon as possible to update any questions you might have for me, thanks in advance.

Adam_Guzmann

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Well, my idea would be to take the icon off of the homescreen, then go into the app drawer and re-add it, it might not be an issue with badge provider so much as an issue with the icon sticking. Another thing to try would be just a reboot, as that usually refreshes all caches and such.

Posted via my Droid RAZR HD

Devin_Whitey

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi adam, I took the icon off the homescreen and when i put it back the unread message notification is still there. Then i restarted my phone and still no luck. any other suggestions?

R Flores

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Ok, I'm tired of(edit by moderator) putting in "try this," when they don't even know if it works or have a Droid Ultra. If you don't know, don't(edit by moderator) write anything.... So here's MY solution which worked for my DROID ULTRA. Click message icon. Click bottom right for settings. Click Delete Threads. Then go to Actual message settings and mark Delivery Reports. Rrturn home and solve the problem. If its done, you can always go back and unclick Delivery Reports. Again this WORKED for me after trying other "solutions" from people who don't even have a droid ultra and pulled ideas (edit by moderator) . Hope this helps fellas

Last edited by a moderator:

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Just a reminder :
P.U.P.P.A.H
(Be Polite, Understanding, Patient, Professional, Attentive and Helpful)

Be polite. We ask that you keep your language clean and polite.
Be understanding and patient. You may be a power user or developer, but the person you’re talking to on the other end may be a complete newbie. Be patient, and provide all details possible if you’re posting about a problem (descriptive thread title always helps).
Be a pro. Don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If someone responds in a poor or rude fashion, ignore it. If you notice a pattern of rude or poor behavior from a particular member, report them to our moderators. If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all. In a nutshell, ‘think before you post’.
Be attentive and helpful. Answer questions in a timely manner when you can, and provide thoughts and suggestions that might lead to the solution of a members’ problem.

roadkill678

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Droid Ultra User for about 4 months. Wondering if anyone has heard of a programming resolution coming with the unread notification bug? Tried the idea from 'R Flores', but I don't have/can't find the area related to "Click Delete Threads. Then go to Actual message settings and mark Delivery Reports.".
Love the phone so far, but this bug is simply annoying.
Thanks for any deployment insight, Roadkill678

Gustin Cleary

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I've found when power cycling you have to do a hard reset to get this to clear. (Up arrow and power button held for 10-15 seconds)
Also, I have noticed that it is caused typically when background data sync is disabled or data is off completely and you receive a MMS message. For some reason the text without the data is "unread" while it gets replaced after the data is downloaded with the photo/group message.
-Gustin
Stock Droid Ultra

DanteDonovan

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I know this post was a while ago but I just had the same problem and how I got rid of it wasn't in answers so this is to give something else to try.I have droid RAZR carrier Verizon. I responded to the text I had gotten when it happened. Then went to home and it was gone.to make sure I had my friend text me again.notification showed.went to text and read message.went home again and notification was gone. I say try this first before going through hell to fix it.thought I'd share of what worked for me and was very simple :)

Last edited:

Greg Barbeck

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
I know this post was a while ago but I just had the same problem and how I got rid of it wasn't in answers so this is to give something else to try.I have droid RAZR carrier Verizon. I responded to the text I had gotten when it happened. Then went to home and it was gone.to make sure I had my friend text me again.notification showed.went to text and read message.went home again and notification was gone. I say try this first before going through hell to fix it.thought I'd share of what worked for me and was very simple :)

FINALLY! This has annoyed me for years on my Maxx and now Turbo. I had just been deleting the thread that would not mark as read. All this time and the solution was so simple, just respond to the thread that is showing unread. Thank you!

anely2

Feb 14, 2016
Visit site
I have the LG G3 and have had this problem forever. Nothing worked. I tried the badge provider, deleting all my messages, trying to find the ghost messages and sms cleaners but nothing worked. I finally tried downloading the Mobile Optimizer and Cleaner by MDroid Apps and it fixed it! It was a miracle because I was on the verge of a factory reset. Hope this works for you.

st3ph239

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I'm tired of(edit by moderator) putting in "try this," when they don't even know if it works or have a Droid Ultra. If you don't know, don't(edit by moderator) write anything.... So here's MY solution which worked for my DROID ULTRA. Click message icon. Click bottom right for settings. Click Delete Threads. Then go to Actual message settings and mark Delivery Reports. Rrturn home and solve the problem. If its done, you can always go back and unclick Delivery Reports. Again this WORKED for me after trying other "solutions" from people who don't even have a droid ultra and pulled ideas (edit by moderator) . Hope this helps fellas

Omg after 3 months dealing with the new message count I did this and its gone!! It worked thanks a lot!!!

lgodiva

May 8, 2016
Visit site
Just found this thread...I have a Droid Maxx and the constantly-displaying badge # on the email icon continues to plague me! I've tried everything suggested so far - clear data/cache of Droid Badger app, restart, removed my comcast account from the app and readded it, removed any unread gmail email (even though I don't pull it into my email app), can't find the thread solution for the Ultra below...when it happened a year or so ago I even uninstalled the email app and reinstalled it but the problem eventually returned.

Does anyone have the definitive solution for the Maxx? I just took the latest s/w update (24.21.7.obake-maxx_verizon.Verizon.en.US, Android version 4.4.4, build #SU6-7.7. Any other info you experts need? Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MusicChris63