Droid X "Beast" What you do for Work and Love for your X?

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I do voiceovers for radio and television and produce radio commercials. My X keeps me organized and helps save my bacon! Recently was going to see a client and a talent had fogotten to send me her voiceover for a commercial (for said client). So I had the talent e mail her voiceover to me and, while my wife drove, I produced the commercial on my laptop and uploaded to the client with my wireless tether (@70mph!)...I love my Droid X <sigh>...and I ABSOLUTELY told the client (X owner), who was quite impressed!

Your whole post IS the new Droid X commercial we need made. Like you can see my quote Im a former Dinc owner. I see that tv spot(with the great Lance "Bishop" Henriksen narrating) all the time but never for the X anymore. We got a few people in this thread in the graphics field, computer field, etc. WE the owners of X should show the world what our devices can really help you DO, not see as in the Dinc commercial where colors blaze by you at 1ghz. No, instead X users are blazing by you at 70mph on the way to work preparing our Nation's social media content. Hmmmm(copyright Jerseyboy357, Android Central Forums 2011 haha!)

Last edited:

knightsseven

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I am a Security Engineer and am currently an iPhone 4 user. (Sssshhhh) And to be honest, I just can't handle the phone or the Apple model anymore. I have been lusting after a Droid X for some time now and am finally ready to take the plunge. I need my phone to help me at work (MS Exchange) for my clients, keep tabs on my home network, stay connected to the wife and kids, and pretty much any app I can get my hands on.

I was a little worried that the Droid X might not be a good purchase at this time, if the Droid X2 isnt far off ... but it sounds like the Droid X is still running very strong!

Is there an app that handles Exchange connectivity well? It sounds like most of you are running rooted phones with various custom ROMs. I have to tell you ... I am stoked to get started. Anything I can truly tinker with is definitely for me!!

scoobyxj

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Railroader here. Mostly browsing the web, texting, and email. Not allowed to use them on the train so it's mostly at the hotel on layovers, and at home.
Used to install Dish Network, and I used it all the time for pictures, emails, finding addresses (preferred a stand alone GPS, but used it as a back up one one bit the dust on me). Old supervisor liked to text so he would keep us up to date via text (Was actually so much easier than calling most of the time.). Sold the old iPod so it's time to start dumping music on it, and I've yet to try putting any movies on it.

DieselBB

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
The Droid X itself handles MS Exchange Perfectly with wireless syncing your Email, Calendar, and Contacts. You can get a thrid party app that will sync your Tasks if you need that.

The MS Exchange syncing is seamless. No wires connecting to you PC. All you need is to set up your MS Exchange to your DX and how often you want it to sync and watch the DX work magic...

Diesel Droid X via Tapatalk
Please visit www.droiddessert.com/forum/

Reactions: knightsseven

androidcore

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
This is going to sound silly compared to some of you guys, but the best use of my X is simply its ability to remember what my gf told me to do on any given day. I am an extremely forgetful person.

Lmfao!! Im not the only one..YES!!! GOTTA LOVE IT! We rock!!!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

androidcore

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Im a wireless manager for a usa carrier... don't ask the company cause I won't answer (espys everywhere). I use corporate exchange sync for work email and calander for tasks.. that's about for work. My 2nd job is a heavy android blogger. And my dx is set for that purpose, other than music and games I love. On the go o can blog and review articles and compose an edit... ill push them t my laptop and finish later... :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
What do I use my X for?...lets see...Here are the apps and what I do with them...(quite a bit when I actually thought about it). Its a long list but, this phone can do quite a bit of really cool things.

1. tv.com - prop the X up on the window sill behind the kitchen sink, watch full episodes of CSI: MIAMI while washing dishes (helps to pass the time). Also catch up on CNET news clips.

2. iHeartRadio - listen to basketball pre-game and post-game shows on an AM station. I actually get better reception on my phone through the internet than I do on my real radio.

3. Live Scores - track my favorite basketball team box score stats while watching the game on tv.

4. Thinking Space - organize my ideas/projects in a logical/relational/graphical map. This mind mapping app is top notch, well designed, worth every penny. And using it on the huge Droid X screen is even better!

5. Overdrive Media Console - download free books and audio books from my library

6. Pulse - catch up on my RSS feeds (very user friendly and customizable)

7. My Tracks - use GPS to record my son's cub scout hikes (how far, how fast, how high, etc), upload the route/data to google docs and put it on our pack website for all the parents and scouts to see the exact route we took.

8. GTasks - simple todo/reminder app, syncs with google tasks online

9. Calengoo - best calendar app available, period.

10. UStream - just started using this one. Watch streaming video from various sources. The coolest party is being able to stream video from my phone and anyone with the app or a web browser can watch. How cool is that?!

11. Traffic Buddy - get live camera views of my highway route to/from work

12. DailyStrip - read all of my favorite newspaper comics, same as they appear in the newspaper everyday.

13. GasBuddy.com - find the cheapest gas price in town (helps pay for my data plan :)

14. Google Shopper - compare prices on items before I buy it (also helps pay for my data plan :)

15. Shortz - pay daily crossword puzzles from any of the main stream newspapers

16. Back Talk - hold intelligent conversations with my phone (shhh...don't tell any one). This app is really unique. It interprets your speech and responds back intelligently and remembers what you tell it. Really cool.

17. OurGroceries - synchronized online grocery shipping list my wife and I use. She builds the list on her phone, I get the groceries (she can update it while I shop). Sometimes we will shop together and split the list.

I could go on. Guess that's enough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
martinst-uk