Droid X .SBF

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
What do you need help with because it works for me. I did it last night.

I think you mean you did this last night with 2.1 ...the question is being asked about downgrading from 2.2 using RSD, which I cannot get to work either. There seems to be no ADB drivers available for the X running 2.2.

I am running rooted 2.2 and want to do a factory reset but don't want to lose my root. If I do a reset in 2.2 will the root be gone? I was going to flash SBF, the factory reset, then root, and then update again. Some minor bugs that I had in 2.1 are still present and I should have factory reset it this morning before upgrade.

anon(4904195)

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
i've been trying to get the sbf going all night between two different PCs. (win 7 64 and XP SP3) the best advice has already been given if you haven't tried it yet. I disconnected my X, turned it off. Uninstalled RSD and completely deleted the folder from program files/motorola. I then hit the drivers install exe in the start menu and did a clean and reinstall. After this i reinstalled RSD and copied my .pst file over again. Start RSD and load the .sbf. I turned the phone onto bootloader (camera+volume down+power) and then connected. RSD saw the phone right away and i am flashing it now.

Hope this is helpful to at least one unlucky bastard who is having issues.

Edit*: Please note i was on rooted 2.2 prior to doing this .sbf, so it can be done on 2.2 devices, to answer the post above mine.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I can also confirm it works on 2.2, rooted or not rooted both work equally well.

Amen for SBF. I knew the second I saw Motorola pull the file it was gonna be trouble. Thank god people kept it alive and linked in places. Keep these files saved gents, as it is your ticket to (almost) carefree hacking.

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I can also confirm it works on 2.2, rooted or not rooted both work equally well.

Amen for SBF. I knew the second I saw Motorola pull the file it was gonna be trouble. Thank god people kept it alive and linked in places. Keep these files saved gents, as it is your ticket to (almost) carefree hacking.

I have it saved in a few places so if anyone ever needs it... ;)

anon(19981)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I don't know what I am doing but can anyone tell me exactly where the pst_flash.ini fileis? I can't find it anywhere. I am not extremely tech savvy so please use small words
:)
I have downloaded all of the needed files (I think).

I am currently using non-root 2.2 leak. I don't need to downgrade yet but I would like to have the sources to if need be. Thanks

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Dangit... so I followed directions to the T. When it finished flashing the phone would try to boot at the droid eye, then reboot back to the droid eye... I see others had this issue but not sure what fixed it. I am trying the entire process again for now.

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Dangit... so I followed directions to the T. When it finished flashing the phone would try to boot at the droid eye, then reboot back to the droid eye... I see others had this issue but not sure what fixed it. I am trying the entire process again for now.

This happened to me last night. I had bootloops. What I did was start all over, reinstalling everything, and then following the directions to a T again. I also booted into recovery first and wiped as much as I could. I don't know exactly what fixed it but it worked after that.

Let me know what works for you just in case it happens to me again.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Alright I will give it a shot.

Edit: wow scared the heck out of me. Ok so for those of you if you run into this, my phone would constantly reboot from the droid eye. Simply go into recovery and do a factory data reset and reboot and it should be fine.

Last edited:

derichio02

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
Thanks @Bond32 and @avlfive. I have edited the first post with your troubleshooting tips as other users may need them

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

anon(19981)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I don't know who to thank so I will thank everyone for participating in this forum. I was having issues with 2.2 (nothing major) which prompted me to downgrade to 2.1. It went smooth thanks to the op (and where he received his info) and everyone else's update's. i.e. continuous loop at red eye. That would have freaked me out if I didn't already expect it.

This android thing is already as much fun as my crackberry problem.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I don't know who to thank so I will thank everyone for participating in this forum. I was having issues with 2.2 (nothing major) which prompted me to downgrade to 2.1. It went smooth thanks to the op (and where he received his info) and everyone else's update's. i.e. continuous loop at red eye. That would have freaked me out if I didn't already expect it.

This android thing is already as much fun as my crackberry problem.

Lol, mine scared me too. Thankfully it is an easy fix.

CBCstillmatic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I am still a little lost if someone can help me. I downloaded RSD lite there were 2 things in the folder one was the installer and the other was the pst_flash.ini that needs to be moved I am assuming. So I installed RSD and moved the .ini where told but that folder already contains that file so it prompted me to replace it which I did.

Now I am stuck on unzipping the SBF. After I downloaded "the gift" the folder contains 3 more folders 32 bit drivers, 64 bit drivers, and one titled droid x gift. Which do I need and which need to be unzipped? The instructions say to unzip the SBF into a folder but I am not sure what I exactly need to do.

One last question. What exactly should I back up? My contacts and calender are synced with google and I don't have many apps to re download(easy to remember which ones I got). What about my pics and video on the sd card? should I move them to my pc or can I just take out the sd card before doing this?

I love 2.2 but just want to be ready just incase something goes wrong and I need a trip to verizon or need to go back before the official release incase you can upgrade from the leak. Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Last edited:

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
The SBF file is in the zip file called "Phoxus_-_Droid_X_Gift.zip". You should see that as the first file, on top of the two driver zip files. Unzip that somewhere you know, like the desktop, and when you run RSD there is a little button with "..." on it. Use that to browse the desktop for the SBF file you just unzipped (it will be large, like 200 something mb). As for the pictures, they should already be on the sd card I think. That is unaffected by all this mess.
Hope this helps. Perhaps you can avoid the bootloops like myself and alfive!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pumice stone