[ED01 FroYo][SCH-i500] 2.2 Officially Announced by Verizon!

adellc3

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Maybe the force closing stuff is from not coming straight from pure stock. I odined back to stock DI01 earlier, updated to EA28, and got the update to ED01 and its working so so nicely. Fast, smooth, and pretty.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
uh oh.. have the same google.process.gapps force closing..

Force closing on me too, then starts in Safe Mode. Battery pull just starts the process all over again suggestions anyone?

In another thread, others have found this problem is from the Google search widget. Uninstall the Google search widget if you have it, and the FC's will stop. Remember..........BING :mad:

Reactions: lherch

TheSiege

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I am unable to root. I have no idea how to disable "media sync" but I get this error

Successfully exploited, installing permanent root files and deleting temp fil
es
mount: Operation not permitted
/data/local/tmp/com.sh: cannot create /system/xbin/su: read-only file system
/data/local/tmp/com.sh: cannot create /system/xbin/busybox: read-only file syste
m
/data/local/tmp/com.sh: cannot create /system/app/Superuser.apk: read-only file
system
Unable to chmod /system/xbin/su: Read-only file system
Unable to chmod /system/xbin/busybox: Read-only file system
* Restarting your phone now.
Press any key to continue . . .

And then it is not rooted....

Any ideas?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I am unable to root. I have no idea how to disable "media sync" but I get this error

Successfully exploited, installing permanent root files and deleting temp fil
es
mount: Operation not permitted
/data/local/tmp/com.sh: cannot create /system/xbin/su: read-only file system
/data/local/tmp/com.sh: cannot create /system/xbin/busybox: read-only file syste
m
/data/local/tmp/com.sh: cannot create /system/app/Superuser.apk: read-only file
system
Unable to chmod /system/xbin/su: Read-only file system
Unable to chmod /system/xbin/busybox: Read-only file system
* Restarting your phone now.
Press any key to continue . . .

And then it is not rooted....

Any ideas?

This is the thread covering the official Froyo OTA. You are going to have much better success getting that question answered in one of these threads:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...eturn-stock-remove-system-apps-other-how.html

http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...0058-how-first-time-rooting-walk-through.html

Reactions: scottabutler

Hotweelz

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Glad to hear about the "official" froyo release. Is it possible to use the Update.zip method in recovery mode to get this installed on my phone? I'm currently using the stock EB01 rom. Thanks for any help.

thetaylor310

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
i went with the Froyo update tonight with Innocare and from start to finish, a smooth and painless install

After rearranging some of my widgets, the system is good to go. Noticing some overall smoothness, the Korean language font is looking better, Flash works(!!!) and a happy camper over all

bill15872

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
This is my 4th attempt at installing the update...running stock NOT ROOTED...It will download, reboot then show the "yellow triangle" and a progress bar but will stop less than half way through and boot up saying that an error has occured and was unable to install froyo...PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!! it's soo close!

Update:

Now says "UPDATE FAILED or INCOMPLETE: reason:
IP_PREVIOUS_UPDATE_FAILED

Last edited:

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Glad to hear about the "official" froyo release. Is it possible to use the Update.zip method in recovery mode to get this installed on my phone? I'm currently using the stock EB01 rom. Thanks for any help.

No, this is not installed that way. If you are on EB01, you would have to ODIN back to stock DI01 or DL09 then receive the update OTA.

Reactions: Hotweelz

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
froyo 2.2

welp i waited for it but when i came here and was helped and updated to the SC_2.9.2 DXC_EB01 VooDoo , i have no inteentions to go backwards where Verizon is king of my phone. They had their chance but goofed round till they peed me off .i am happy as i am and dont forsee me making any changes backwards unless Adryn. creates a package for the 2.2 other wise i am here, and await Adrynal. upgrades ,so all of you thats backed up enjoy the phone and let verizon now have access to your every move on the phone..
enjoy

M4tty

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
No thanks. I no longer have any interest in using anything that isn't community released. Verizon can take their update and shove it where it belongs.

jorger81#AC

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
26 minutes from download to install.....phone is a lil sluggish right now. Switching back to TW from GO launcher, going to see whats up. So far I have some camera problem

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Just did the update on my son's phone (totally stock, even the widgets were never moved or added upon)

Took roughly half an hour, 1 FC but a reboot seems to have taken care of that. I guess he will let me know after school if it is messed up or not...