eSIM and SIM - data issues

Feb 5, 2022
Visit site
Greetings every one. New user, new post... needing some help.
I got a S21 Ultra that has one physical SIM with Verizon, and an eSIM with TMObile. The phone is factory unlocked. It works fine so far, except for the data. On the eSIM, which is with TMO, the hotspot data shows as being used, even though I haven't used the hotspot since I got my service with them. For some reason, TMO think is related to the eSIM and that is could be a SAMSUNG defect. I previously had my number on eSIM with Verizon, on the same phone, and did not have this issue.
Has any one experienced anything like this ? Any advice is appreciated.

Feb 5, 2022
Visit site
@mustang7757 - I wish it was that easy and in my reach. It tool TMO 8 ( eight ) hours to figure how to activate it. On Samsung, you do not have an ICCID for the eSIM, like you do on iPhones. There is only an IMEI for eSIM. That, has thrown TMO in a tail spin, and took 8 hrs to get it working.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
@mustang7757 - I wish it was that easy and in my reach. It tool TMO 8 ( eight ) hours to figure how to activate it. On Samsung, you do not have an ICCID for the eSIM, like you do on iPhones. There is only an IMEI for eSIM. That, has thrown TMO in a tail spin, and took 8 hrs to get it working.
I was looking through the menu under sim card manager thought it be easy , if it took 8 hours to set-up then definitely problems are certainly to arise thats crazy.

wenglish98

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
I like my Pixel 4a and the wife likes her S21+, but it's nonsense like this, plus OS upgrades having to depend on your service provider, that tells me I should give up and buy iPhones. I probably won't though.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I like my Pixel 4a and the wife likes her S21+, but it's nonsense like this, plus OS upgrades having to depend on your service provider, that tells me I should give up and buy iPhones. I probably won't though.
Some quirks with using Android , and other things when using Iphone(customization basic stuff) as i do use both daily, I would miss Android for sure if i decided just Iphone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amelia Ingram