EVO 4G LTE Owners, I need your help!!

Cyrene

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I have the Evo and prefer it because of the build quality. Love the kickstand and the feel of the phone. Touchwiz or Sense no longer matter to me, although I believe Sense is better, because I use Nova Launcher. I despised the home button on the GS3 and friends who have it say its annnoying with a case. I do believe the GS3 looks better in white, but that is just my opinion.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I have had my LTE since the day they were released and it has been an awesome phone. The build quality is wonderful. I feel like with a screen protector, it would be really hard to wreck this phone. Also, as noted before, the camera is amazing. It takes better pictures in all situations than the SIII. Also, and this is personal, but I think the EVO is a much more unique and sharp phone. To me, the SIII looks like a toy compared to the HTC.

Either way, here's a vote you go with the EVO.

AFR_NY

May 10, 2012
Visit site
The battery of the Evo is great. Unless you already carry an extra battery in your pocket the removable battery just isnt an advantage.

Low light picture on the LTE are good once you figure out how to use the half-press of the physical camera button. Good low light pictures are easier to take with the S3, but the Evo LTE's low light photos are awesome too.

Jellybean should have offline voice-to-text, and both phones should have that before the new year.

A lot of Samsung software features can be found in the Play App Store. I really dont miss any of them, but if you really want it then you can get it on the app store. More quicks come with TouchWiz than with Sense.

A completely subjective point is the build quality of the device. If you like HTC's build, then you'll love the Evo LTE. It is the best phone in hand next to the iPhone (again subjective). I use the kickstand to help me secure the large phone in my hand and also use it while charging. I am surprised how much I like and use the kickstand. Finally, I just don't like the fake 'aluminum' bezel that comes on the S3.

Let us know what you get!

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Oh sorry, I wasn't clear...I meant, like online retailers...I know the EVO LTE is only a Sprint phone, but what I meant was that the White version seems to only be available at the Sprint stores/Sprint.com...Sites like BestBuy.com (BestBuy) Amazon, Target, they only have the black version...So for me that's kind of a con because I can get $99.99 EVO LTE from Amazon, BestBuy and Target, but if I wanted the white one, I could only get it from Sprint for $199 :p
I see. I did find these. Maybe they didn't have them yet when you were searching for them.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...D1%26lp%3D2%26contract_desc%3D&token=zO3OP9W0
http://radioshackwireless.com/eComm...1c0aed40a397bf84f7cf8ba1e5&showcustblock=true
http://www.wirefly.com/eCommerce/Sp...c4d8f34d7c9a0013292f8c9bc8&showcustblock=true

Radio Shack and WireFly seem to be using the same system, FWIW.

eehg01

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Glenn!!

I just noticed that like this morning LOL when I was checking Wirefly's prices, I guess they were just slow to roll them out to the different vendors/the vendors had to restock...

THANK YOU SO MUCH!! :D

DisplacedMic

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
the LTE works perfectly for me for all of those things.
however, ironically i run out of battery far more often with than i did with my EVO 4g because i am FAR lazier when it comes to charging... i routinely get away with not charging it over night - so i go a full day, over night and then most of the next day before i notice it's almost dead. sometimes that bites me in the butt...

on the evo 4g i was chained to a charge at all times. at home, at the office, in my car. if i was visiting someone i would plug in. that kind of thing.
huge nightmare. the green power pro app saved me from throwing that phone into the ocean - but it was never perfect.

the lte lasts "forever"

kitster

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
If you haven't bought your EVO LTE yet - but really want a deal - check this out...

As I was strolling through my Costco yesterday, I noticed that the cell phone kiosk was selling Sprint phones again. They hadn't in a long long time.
They also have a nice sale going on now with the Evo 4G LTE. For Costco members, it is $99. That isn't just for new customers - it's for everybody.
BUT there is more.... yes, Sprint will hit you with that pesky $36 activation fee. But Costco will reimburse you for it (within a couple of billing cycles).
AND you get free shipping PLUS a free accessory pack (it looks like a couple of screen protectors, a couple of leather cases, a 3-in-1 charger and
a carrying case). BOOM. Also, if I am not mistaken - Costco gives you a 90-day return policy. So, if you do not like the EVO LTE, you can take it back
and get the SIII (which is going for $179).

Lastly, you can get it online. HTC EVO
But, you need a membership first. It is $55 bucks - but worth it for the money you save with this deal alone. You are almost
getting a great deal, and the membership for free.

Good luck!!

kitster

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, crxssi - the "HTC EVO" link in my post is for the White EVO 4G LTE at Costco. And yours is for the black/silver one. Could
we have made it any easier to go get an EVO 4G? :)

I am eligible for an upgrade next Monday on October 1. I am getting my wife and I both the new EVO. I cannot wait - because while
I have had my OG EVO for 22 months now - and loved it every day, it is showing it's age. Plus, I have a 4yr old girl and twin 14 month
old boys - and I am ready for a phone with a NEW CAMERA. Between burst mode and taking stills during a video AND just flat out
better camera software - I cannot wait!

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, crxssi - the "HTC EVO" link in my post is for the White EVO 4G LTE at Costco. And yours is for the black/silver one. Could
we have made it any easier to go get an EVO 4G? :)

Ooops, didn't even see the link in your post! They do well trying to hide them on the forum. Well, two links are better than one!

I am eligible for an upgrade next Monday on October 1. I am getting my wife and I both the new EVO. I cannot wait - because while
I have had my OG EVO for 22 months now - and loved it every day, it is showing it's age. Plus, I have a 4yr old girl and twin 14 month
old boys - and I am ready for a phone with a NEW CAMERA. Between burst mode and taking stills during a video AND just flat out
better camera software - I cannot wait!

You will love them

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards