Evo bricked...

bluebandit97

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone, I have a tragedy on my hands. Tonight while at work, I was using my phone, set it down for about an hour and when I picked it up, it was off. Didn't think anything of it at first as I thought my battery just died. Plugged it in and the status started blinking as if the battery was completely drained. Charged it for about 10 mins and tried to turn it back on... Nothing. Won't even boot into recovery. I'm running unofficial cm9 on a Tiamat kernel set on smartass v.2 governor.

Any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Last edited:

bluebandit97

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
good news everyone....

my phone is alive again!! Hazah! Apperently, something here at work completely drained it and it took the OEM cable to bring it back to life.

My next question is, As much as I love playing, I need a link to a stock image but want to keep my root. I have read that if you unroot, you may not be able to get it back.

Thanks

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Or, you could, just reflash the SuperUser zip file in your recovery. That's the way I rooted.

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

bluebandit97

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
well i went back to stock and had to learn how to use sense all over again :'(. but alas, my phone works now. Now i just need to tweak it to perform a little better because sense slows everything to a crawl alot of the time.. and the browser sucks lol. I'm looking for two things: 1) a chrome apk that might work on a stock rom, and 2) a good kernal that will overcome the processor suckage that is sense. Oh and one more thing that may or may not be possible... is there a way to get all the crap off of the sense overlay (footprints, peep, etc)?

Thanks everyone :)

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Root will get rid of unwanted bloatware. After root, just look for a root uninstaller. (It uninstalls system apps, not take off root.) Just look up "Chrome" in the Google Play store. As for a custom kernel.....you'll have to ask someone else. I just WildChild's kernel with WildChild's ROM.

Sent from HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

bluebandit97

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Root will get rid of unwanted bloatware. After root, just look for a root uninstaller. (It uninstalls system apps, not take off root.) Just look up "Chrome" in the Google Play store. As for a custom kernel.....you'll have to ask someone else. I just WildChild's kernel with WildChild's ROM.

Sent from HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

I still have root. im having problems with FCs because of the downgrade from ICS to 2.3.5. Captain Throwback's stock rom is great as it pulled from the OTA and he put all the sprint bloat in a single file for easy removal. Im talking about the Sense bloat that is baked in. I can disable it, but not remove it. I suppose I could go through and delete each .apk through the computer. As for Google play, i did that last night and got an incompatibility message.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I still have root. im having problems with FCs because of the downgrade from ICS to 2.3.5. Captain Throwback's stock rom is great as it pulled from the OTA and he put all the sprint bloat in a single file for easy removal. Im talking about the Sense bloat that is baked in. I can disable it, but not remove it. I suppose I could go through and delete each .apk through the computer. As for Google play, i did that last night and got an incompatibility message.
Use titanium backup to remove the bloat but I recommend "freezing" the apps first. That way you can see if it affects the phone and then you can unfreeze if necessary. Titanium backup can freeze apps too. highly recommend getting the paid version of titanium backup

Be careful removing sense apps! It can cause issues

Sent from my ICS Thrive

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone, I have a tragedy on my hands. Tonight while at work, I was using my phone, set it down for about an hour and when I picked it up, it was off. Didn't think anything of it at first as I thought my battery just died. Plugged it in and the status started blinking as if the battery was completely drained. Charged it for about 10 mins and tried to turn it back on... Nothing. Won't even boot into recovery. I'm running unofficial cm9 on a Tiamat kernel set on smartass v.2 governor.

Any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

what recovery are you using? cwm is known to have issues if you let the battery die it wont allow it to charge in the phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582