EVO lagging opening after lcok screen

brendan11

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
ok so i have an EVO running stock kernel. i am running advanced task killer and juice defender they both help my battery life out greatly. (almost double it)

only problem is for some reason after i slide my lock bar down the phone lags for about 10 seconds, it will either show the lock bar at the bottom of the screen, or if i am texting show my conversation but not let me type or the homescreen wont let me do anything.
After the phone "loads" or whatever you wanna call it. it runs perfectly fine. no lagging.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. thanks

if you have any questions ask.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Do you have any other launchers (besides stock) loaded on your phone? I noticed my phone tends to lag if I have more than one launcher on the phone

bb_batman_dcx

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
you dont need ATK....the android system has task killer built in [Settings >> Applications >> Running Services] ATK might be killing essential services which could be the reason for the lag. Juice defender is the reason for your battery life, not ATK

eldub1

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
you dont need ATK....the android system has task killer built in [Settings >> Applications >> Running Services] ATK might be killing essential services which could be the reason for the lag. Juice defender is the reason for your battery life, not ATK

Agreed. At one point I have two launchers. One running in the background. Not only did I have a serious lag, I also had horrible battery life. I had to uninstall the on I wasn't using. Now everything is great.

brendan11

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
i do not have any other launchers installed.

i will try uninstalling ATK and see what happens. i will keep you posted.
The only reason i like ATK is because its easy to kill of unneeded apps with the touch of a widget and i can automatically set it to kill apps. instead of going
settings>apps>running>go to app>force close
too much time IMO....

zacharyzblewski

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
i do not have any other launchers installed.

i will try uninstalling ATK and see what happens. i will keep you posted.
The only reason i like ATK is because its easy to kill of unneeded apps with the touch of a widget and i can automatically set it to kill apps. instead of going
settings>apps>running>go to app>force close
too much time IMO....

The problem with ATK, that most people don't realize, is your running apps open themselves right back up after ATK closes them.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
ATK is NOT something you want to use. Its not good for anything after eclair, it has been know to hurt phones and cause many problems. You do not need to close apps at all, android is built on the notion of multi tasking and it handles tasks very well.

Do not use ATK. Uninstall and reboot.

brendan11

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
UPDATE

so far today is the first day without ATK and i must say the lagginess is gone and the phone seems much faster all around. im pretty happy so far. but i have not tested the battery life much, ive been home most of the day so it has been plugged in off and on

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
XavierusKasshh