EVO LTE Issues/Problems you are having

brokenchode

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I am also having an issue with repeatably hitting the back button. In addition I am seeing that my touches don't always register, takes a couple tries sometimes...
Anyone else having this issue?

I am unsuccessful at getting a sure fire replication, so leaving it with the tech guys might not work.

Usually I can replicate by touching the home screen, not on an app, then trying a shortcut. Won't register...

Also by swiping down at the top almost always takes a couple tries.

3days with the phone thus far, love it compared to evo 3d....

pjrake

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I can't seem to set google chrome as my default browser. I clear the defaults for both but it doesn't ask me which I want to use to complete the action, it just uses the stock browser

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Go to Settings, App Associations and choose Web urls and select chrome.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

OGEVO4G_LTE

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm having issues with the notification bar not sliding in portrait and only works in landscape. I've read it might be due to the ottercase but when I remove the case the issue remains. Also I've did a factory reset thinking it was my ROM but nope. After doing some investigation, I took a very thin piece of paper and wipe in between the seams right above the HTC logo. Guess what - that work temporarily for a week until the issue came back again. I repeated the same steps to correct it the first time and it worked again. So I believe something is getting disconnected between there.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Anybody having issue with losing 3g for a minute here and there i did something that has stopped mine from doing it,,, I went into settings and shut my lte radio off. I do not have lte yet anyway so I just turned it off and I have not lost 3g from time to time anymore. It's been 3 whole days.

Sent from my EVO 4g lte

DisplacedMic

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Ever since the OTA i can't get the gmail, play store or Maps apps to work properly.

gmail freezes at a white screen, the app store freezes when i try and select gmail to leave a 1 star rating and inform the developers.

driving me nuts. tried clearing chache, reboots, reinstalls everything i can think of.

JAYE820

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
When in pull down my notification bar it's always empty for some reason. This happens %70 of the time.

mobilesat69

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
anyone else having a problem with their camera? Everytime I start the camera app it goes right to my front camera and there is no option in camera settings to change it to the rear camera. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
anyone else having a problem with their camera? Everytime I start the camera app it goes right to my front camera and there is no option in camera settings to change it to the rear camera. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yes the camera setting is in there, setting camera at top front/ main select main.

sent from Evo4GLTE on AC forums

kdub1969

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
I've had my HTC EVO 4G LTE is less than 2 weeks and I've already taken it into sprint because when on 3G network phone will not connect with anything i.e. Google Play, Spotify, Internet, you name it!

The tech performed a data reset and changed my network connection from LTE/CDMA to CDMA only and told me to leave it on that setting for several days. WHY would I do that?!? I bought the phone for the LTE capability. I'm REALLY confused as to what or who I should be pissed at. Believe me, I"M NOT A HAPPY CAMPER AT THE MOMENT!

I have never been able to use Youtube since I've had the phone...."connection lost please tap to retry" error message is the only good thing the youtube app is good for.

Call me crazy but I expected this phone to be an improvement over my last phone, the original HTC EVO 4G. If anything it's twice as bad, at least I could use the data connection with it.

Could someone help me out and please tell me where my hatred should be directed?

AlternetConcept

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
The tech performed a data reset and changed my network connection from LTE/CDMA to CDMA only and told me to leave it on that setting for several days. WHY would I do that?!? I bought the phone for the LTE capability. I'm REALLY confused as to what or who I should be pissed at. Believe me, I"M NOT A HAPPY CAMPER AT THE MOMENT!

Need to have LTE in your area in order to use the 4G capabilities.. Do you know if your area has it?

Trust me I'm having a few issues myself and I'm completely regretting upgrading for another 2 years.. If I could I'd go back in a heart beat and leave sprint altogether.. Their service in my area is just not good enough to justify having such a high end phone..

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I have had my evo for a week now and the first few days I would lose 3g connection here and there. I do not have lte yet in my area and what I figured out was with the lte on it would search for a lte signal all the time and that is why I would lose 3g sometime. I turned lte off and I have not lost my 3g once since. It's stupid to keep lte on if you don't have lte service yet. If you have lte service and your phone is acting like this then obviously this would not apply to you.

Sent from my EVO 4g lte

kdub1969

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Need to have LTE in your area in order to use the 4G capabilities.. Do you know if your area has it?

Trust me I'm having a few issues myself and I'm completely regretting upgrading for another 2 years.. If I could I'd go back in a heart beat and leave sprint altogether.. Their service in my area is just not good enough to justify having such a high end phone..

Yes, I live in Dallas Ft. Worth

AlternetConcept

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
That's odd.. I would leave it on CDMA only for a day or so .. see how it performs.. then switch back to CDMA/LTE and see if it's worse... I can't really tell ya much since I don't have LTE yet in my area so I couldn't tell ya if this happened to me..

emanuelm123

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I too when I first got the phone noticed it would go in and out of 3g and sometimes would not connect and it seemed to only do it in certain areas, it only worked if I went in and out of airplane mode but I figured it had something to do with network vision and all the updates and so I waited a couple weeks and now the problem is no more, I am in Arlington (dfw area) and still get no 4g service only in one place I've noticed but is non existent anywhere else here in Arlington (well to my knowledge)

Sent from my Evo 4g lte on Android Central Forums

p1eric

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Ever since the OTA i can't get the gmail, play store or Maps apps to work properly.

gmail freezes at a white screen, the app store freezes when i try and select gmail to leave a 1 star rating and inform the developers.

driving me nuts. tried clearing chache, reboots, reinstalls everything i can think of.

I'm having the same issue I think. Maps, gmail and the stock browser all freeze with a white screen at least once a day. I've tried killing the app, clearing cache, killing sense, etc. The only thing that fixes it is a reboot. I guess I'll try a factory reset and see if that helps.

kiwicarlos741

May 16, 2012
Visit site
For the person who bought the phone for LTE capability, if u don't have LTE coverage in your area then u should have done your homework before buying the phone and complaining

cuffs50

May 9, 2012
Visit site
I have network problems. One minute its working fine then no data for bout 10/15 minutes then just starts working again. Tried shutdown and restarts nothing will reconnect to data on its own. But calls and text work fine while thus is happening.

I have the same issue. Calls and txts will always work without data but no internet or multimedia.