extended battery

CBPilu

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Will we ever see a larger battery for the captivate? I really love this phone but even as a moderate user i still have trouble getting a full days use.

braj

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I got the best day yet, 10 hours since charging and still @ 40%, using the web to dl a few PDFs, a few phone calls, email, and a bunch of photos. I think the battery really may just need time to get 'conditioned' or whatever you call it, though I'd also welcome an extended battery myself.

Last edited:

CBPilu

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Does juicedefender work? I've had it installed since launch day but only have a savings x1. 7 at best on the easy settings. Am i doing something wrong with it?

jdunn

May 17, 2010
Visit site
If you are using a task killer it can sometimes lead to excessive battery drain. I stopped using them and it helped a lot on my device. Also going into your running applications and making sure that you don't have any programs running that you don't want to. The captivate has a lot of programs that start up when you first turn the phone on that are AT&T bloat ware. It does get better with use though.

braj

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
My battery really is improving over time, I think anyone experiencing issues needs to be patient and go through a number of charging cycles, and don't be too eager to plug the phone in until it tells you to. Also I would suggest leaving it plugged in even after it reaches 100% for a bit as that may not represent an actual full charge initially. The battery also seems to get a charge faster as it gets more worn-in.

kaljr82

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
If you are using a task killer it can sometimes lead to excessive battery drain. I stopped using them and it helped a lot on my device. Also going into your running applications and making sure that you don't have any programs running that you don't want to. The captivate has a lot of programs that start up when you first turn the phone on that are AT&T bloat ware. It does get better with use though.

I have wondered myself if the task killer sin't draining the battery quicker.
So if I remove the task killer, how would one go about killing programs you are done using?
Sorry, I am not too much of a techie, and just got this phone a coupe of days ago.
Thanks.

NeilQ

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
I did also drained my batter all the way to zero, and recharged overnight - I've been using the phone lightly for 2 days now since that 'burn-down' and I still have >60% battery life! I'm convinced the burn down did it.

prim8

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I have wondered myself if the task killer sin't draining the battery quicker.
So if I remove the task killer, how would one go about killing programs you are done using?
Sorry, I am not too much of a techie, and just got this phone a coupe of days ago.
Thanks.

The prevailing wisdom is that you don't need to. Android handles that automatically but if you really need to shut something down system panel lite works well.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Im sure there will be a company out there that makes an extended battery like Seido. Until then, you can buy these batterys on ebay with chargers for like $15 bucks.

schoolboy

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
That looks like a real good one. Most of these Chinese vendors have generic products and try to get them to you as quickly as they can.

I ordered just a battery for $3.18 and a charger that looks like that one (but they gave specs on it) for $3.99 so yours is a a better deal by a few cents! The charger spec was 800 mA on the USB and 350mA on the battery. Also orders some micro usb cables. I'l sure all will be fine.

schoolboy

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Confirmed $3.18 battery and $3.99 charger are great!

These arrived today. The battery says Samsung on it. Charger is well made. Light on it went from red to blue after 90 minutes or so and I put the new battery in the Captivate. It's all good.

So look for the deal the other guy reported - TWO batteries and a charger/USB charger for $9.99. Coming from the Apple world this is hard to believe. I have a backup battery and it was really really cheap.

schoolboy

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Confirmed $3.18 battery and $3.99 charger are great!

These arrived today. The battery says Samsung on it. Charger is well made. Light on it went from red to blue after 90 minutes or so and I put the new battery in the Captivate. It's all good.

So look for the deal the other guy reported - TWO batteries and a charger/USB charger for $9.99. Coming from the Apple world this is hard to believe. I have a backup battery and it was really really cheap.

kojimon

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Great news. Apparently Seidio will be releasing an extended battery for the Captivate. It will be a whopping Innocell 3200mAh Extended Life Battery which should be enough to get a power user through the day. seidioonline.com

Likho

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
JuiceDefender does work it helped my battery life.
I still purchased a second battery off amazon: Amazon.com: High Capacity Lithium-Ion Battery (EB575152VA) for Samsung Galaxy S (Samsung Captivate i897, Vibrant T959, Epic 4G, and Fascinate): Electronics

Also got the clip charger so I could charge outside phone: Amazon.com: RND Power Solution's Smart Universal AC Battery Charger with USB port and Clip Charger with Adjustable Contacts: Electronics

Good luck I had issues streaming Pandora for 10 hours a day at work

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kara4151