Facebook App and my Atrix II

StrikeHold

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Now I have done some searching but did not find anything that really helped me on this. This has to do with the Facebook App Dated March 12th, 2012 Version 1.8.4 and my AT&T Motorola Atrix II. I can receive the text and or emails about FB updates or replies. This is via the text message or gmail as I stated. I can ALSO get the notification from the FB PROGRAM. Where the issue comes in though is that when I receive the notification from the FB program, it will NOT open the program. The icon goes away and nothing happens. Here is a list of things I have tried;
Made sure all text and email notifications were turned off in FB
Uninstalled and re-installed the FB application (3 times actually, and just finished the third one typing this)
two of the re-installs I did a full hard re-boot, meaning not only did I un-install but I shut off the phone, I took out the battery also for a full minute each time. OK OK so it is not a BB. I figured it was worth a shot but I asked for help here.
Ideas anyone? I searched and found several topics on this but no resolutions. At this point even ideas to try would be helpful.
Thanks

okdc1399

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
You may need to go and find the apk file for version 1.8.3. I also had problems with the newest version not being compatible with my phone. I installed version 1.8.3 and it works great. If you need me to, I can try to upload the apk file for version 1.8.3.

okdc1399

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Here is the file I used on my phone and so far I have not had any problems with it. I will say that my phone is also unlocked and rooted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DnsBlk