Fast charging speed on note 8

boriqua2000

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
I was wondering how many Mah is considered fast charging? I put my note 8 to charge using the charger and cable that came in the box. I downloaded a app called Ampere which measures Mah while charging. The app said my phone was getting 1010 Mah. That seems kind of low to me. Has anyone else tried this? Is there some kind of fast charging setting im missing? When i pull the notification bar down it says fast charging. Try it and see if you get a different reading. 20170927_033901.png

BriniaSona

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
It is low. on my BlackBerry PRIV, running Android 6.0.1, I was getting up tp 2140 MAH, the Note 8 on the identical charger only reaches 1040 MAH, my guess is that it's limited to avoid exploding batteries.

jsigmo

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
If the phone screen is on and you're quick charging at the same time, there will be quite a bit of heat. I'd just let the phone do what it wants to do in this regard. Heat is never a good thing for electronics in general, and particularly electrolytic capacitors and batteries, too. I would not root to get faster charging while the screen is on.

My N8 charges very quickly using wireless chargers (that I have modified so the phone sits in the sweet spot when in portrait orientation and with a clunky case installed) both with and without the screen on. Fast enough for me, anyhow.

I was watching DirecTV on the phone while the phone was on one such modified wireless charger last night, and it charged from about 50% to full in an hour or so. I can't complain about that.

I wasn't measuring the time carefully, so don't quote me on an exact figure, but suffice it to say that I was happy with the charging speed while running the screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrussellcampbell