Features Missing from S4 Active

Axis32

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Figured I would start a thread where people could post any features they found were missing between the S4 and S4 Active. I recently traded in my S4 for the S4 active and am now starting to regret it...almost to the point of thinking of selling it on ebay to get the money to buy a new S4. I'm just not feeling it as much as I did the S4...

I've only found a couple of things missing so far, but I've only just started looking as I picked up the Active yesterday.

#1 Turn over to Mute/Silent feature is gone on the Active
#2 Thermometer/Barometer...gone Everywhere I read, it said the Active had it, but I started up the same app as what I had on my S4 and it says the hardware was not found....

Also, while the Camera is an 8MP camera, you have to go into the features to enable it. It's default setting is 6mp because when you bump it up to 8 it goes from nice 16:9 to 4:3.

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
No! Poor HTC one. Going back to the store. Its a fantastic phone and after my experience with my friends active I would never consider it. Read the fine print. They advised against most of what it was advertised for. I'd keep the one, but that's all personal preference. Most people who went to the s4 lineup after the HTC one were disappointed. Not to say the s4 isn't a fantastic phone.

Posted via Android Central App

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
In fact they don't cover water damage lol. Many are left with a dead phone and no coverage on repairs. If you really want a waterproof phone the Sony seems to be holding up.

Posted via Android Central App

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
The Sony is not available yet from any carrier in the US and has only been announced as being available on T-Mobile. It has the same water resistance rating and they don't warranty water damage either. They assume you left the flaps open. Of which it has 3. There are the same reports of water damage on those. It seems the back starts to bulge and let's water in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

jebova2301

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
I had a couple Sony phones a few years ago. They were the biggest piles of s*** I had ever owned. I have had an old galaxy S(SGH-i897 I think?) since those days. It has been more than reliable for me. For that reason, I figure I may as well give this S4 Active a shot. My girlfriend has the regular S4 and loves it. I figure this one is pretty similar, so why not try it out. Also, some of us are also picky and refuse to support Sony. For me, Sony doesn't have to worry about me EVER buying another product from them, be it video games, phones, stereos, etc etc. I refuse to support such a horrible company.

As for the lower MP camera, I really don't care about that. My old turd is rocking a 5MP camera. 8MP is going to be 60% more. Even if it is only in 6MP mode, I still gain ground, so I'm gonna be happy with that either way. Thermometer would be a nice feature to have, though(if it is indeed missing. For now, I will take your word that it is.) I think the part I would like the most is for the warranty to cover water damage, but I CAN understand why it doesn't.

deeddawg

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Thermometer would be a nice feature to have, though(if it is indeed missing. For now, I will take your word that it is.)

I downloaded a weather station app on a demo S4 Active in-store last night and it wouldn't run claiming hardware wasn't there. Worked fine on neighboring S4

Solange82200

May 21, 2012
Visit site
The camera is missing the auto night detection, and video stabilization. I switched my s4 for the Active, now I'm kind of thinking of switching back to the s4.

by the way, the save apps to sd card function doesn't actually work, it seems to l but if you check your sd card, nothing actually saves to it..

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
To me I am so happy that I have the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active as my backup phone because features doesn't matter to me I am not picky with phones everyone has their own personal preferences

jbortz6469

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
unless I am blind I cannot find just the vm icon to put on my main screen seperate from my email notificaitons and text notifications. I had it on my galaxy 2 keyboard slide out... yes yes yes old phone.. sad when 4 years is old. anyone know how to fix this

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teresa Belmonte