Figured out how to send MMS over Edge.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Alright. After messing with the settings and tryna figure this out, I think I came to a conclusion. When I set the camera setting on the phone to 3.2MP and the Picture quality to Normal, I was able to send an MMS Picture message over the EDGE network. I started trying to figure this out when I download FXCamera and noticed that it would send an MMS over EDGE. So I went into the settings on that program. I noticed the smaller picture with less quality sent, and the better quality picture didnt send. And I waited, and waited, and waited and still nothing.

So I put on the Default Camera App. I had it set to Super Fine and 5MP. I could never send an MMS picture that way. Switched the settings....3.2MP and Picture quality to Fine, and Bam. The picture sent. Give it a shot, tell me how it works out for you.

Nick

PS: Also, the picture would send over 3G in any setting but not EDGE. Use this way to send your MMS pictures messages all the time. Poor Edge lol Also, I only figured this out for a picture you take with the camera of your phone.

Last edited:

Lyanheart

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
You know, I had that same problem on my nokia e71x that I just upgraded from. I could only send photos if I turned the quality/size down. Guess it's just ATT limiting the size of the messages.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Its just still messed up because I never had the issue with Verizon. And belive it or not, it is a big issue when you are paying for the service you know.

VITAL277

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
It's funny, I had an iPhone that would send and pics over Edge, I just got the Samsung Captivate and it will not send over Edge. I live in a small Mountain town in Colorado at about 8000ft elevation you have AT&T and AT&T so your choice is go with them. But I would rather go back to the iPhone if this continues.

rharpe76

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
i flashed my os to JH3 and now i have no problems with mms so far the largest i have sent was 450KB before flashing i too was having this problem. It was driving me nuts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caldul1234