Finding photos and videos by type

Jul 30, 2020
Visit site
Hi folks

I've recently popped an SD card into my S8 and yesterday copied some video files from the device memory onto this.

Now as far as I can recall, I followed the instructions on copying, and did this via My Files, Internal Storage, DCIM, select then Move. When I did this, I encountered a screen I'd not seen before, which had more options than usual for filtering down image types. Usually I'm used to Image and Video, but now I was seeing further categories based on how the capture had occurred, so for images I also had "selective focus" and for video "hyperlapse". This seemed a very useful addition, but today, trying to get back to it, I just can't find it!

Can anyone point me in the right direction please, or did I imagine it?

EDIT: Found it! Gallery>Albums>Search. Simple as that!

This is giving me Type (Burst Shot, Selective focus etc), People, Expressions, Documents, Things/Scenery. A lot of these seem to be applying randomly, but it's letting me filter by type which is what I was looking for :)

Last edited:

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I have never heard of those things but I always recommend copying files so that if it fails you still have the originals. Once they are copied across to the SD I then delete from the device.

Jul 30, 2020
Visit site
Good idea with the copying! I've still got them on the device and the card at the moment, but will probably do as you say. I also keep them on my laptop, and on two different standalone HDD's. Of course, for full backup I should pop them all on the Cloud too...

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chao