Fingerprint Scanner Not Working Well

Emig5m

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: I've discovered the solution to the FPS issue

Just register your tongue instead of your finger, moisture problem solved, lol... BTW, the update didn't change a thing for me - it's still inconsistent. It can register 8 times in a row fooling you into thinking it's working perfectly and then it doesn't work at all. And yes, I re-registered my thumbs each twice after the update. The update didn't change anything for me. I would of rather had the e version scanner instead of this inconsistent POS ultrasonic one. Kinda reminds my of just a couple years ago MX bikes went to fancy spring-less air forks and they worked so much more horrible than the old school traditional spring forks, even the top pros where complaining and then what do you know, the manufacturers ****-canned them and now the old school spring forks are back on the new bikes!

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site

Wow, dang this makes all the difference in the world. Not a permanent solution, but on occasion the FPS does get finicky and licking my finger is a great - if gross - way to solve the problem.

EMY92

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
The update has helped tremendously, it's still far from perfect, but it's now working 50% of the time instead of 5%.

Maknora

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
Anyone Wish this s10 now?

I almost wish now Samsung would produce an s10 with the fingerprint sensor in the back like the S9. And a lower power button. That would make this phone perfect. Anyone agree?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
My guess is that the dryness issue had not to do with the amount a dry finger slides in the screen than the moisture making a better contact or plumping the fingerprint.

It's been speculated that it helps eliminate air gaps because ultrasonic waves don't do well through air.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Wow, dang this makes all the difference in the world. Not a permanent solution, but on occasion the FPS does get finicky and licking my finger is a great - if gross - way to solve the problem.

The plus side is it probably works great while eating finger food. Saves on napkins.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
No issues for me.

Also it is their first attempt at this. It's not like the POS finger print scanner on the S5.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: Anyone Wish this s10 now?

My question is why can't we have BOTH finger print scanner on the front (in-display) and back?

I don't get why companies can't put their POWER BUTTONS IN THE MIDDLE though like Sony.

I just double tap the screen.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Re: Anyone Wish this s10 now?

Eh, despite the issues with the FPS I personally prefer it as it is. It's back in front, which is great because I can use Samsung Pass when my phone is on my DeX pad without having to awkwardly reach over my desk and get an iris scan. That's a big deal for me since I use my phone as my primary computer. And since it's under the screen I'm not losing any screen real estate. Finally, from what I'm reading the ultrasonic FPS is far more secure than the previous version or even the iris scanner. and that's great because I keep all of my credit cards on Samsung Pay.

Just my take on it anyway.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I dont know how y'all are doing it but I cant get it to work correctly.. it gives me error 80% of the time... Face unlock so much faster right now for me. Some of y'all took the screen protector off, does that make it better? I really dont want to take the screen protector off.
I took that thin piece of plastic off and it did help. If you're wanting a screen protector probably best to get a legit one that works with the fps and will actually protect your phone.

theobject

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site

To be honest I really haven't seen an issue with it so far. I haven't used it all that much because I use my Gears S2 with Smart Lock

dario12v

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
My guess is that the dryness issue had not to do with the amount a dry finger slides in the screen than the moisture making a better contact or plumping the fingerprint.

Definitely a contact problem
Works about 50 % of the time if my hands are clean and dry
If my hands are greasy or wet works about 90% of the time
This is with the Samsung screen protector on and increased screen sensitivity

bobxxz

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I took that thin piece of plastic off and it did help. If you're wanting a screen protector probably best to get a legit one that works with the fps and will actually protect your phone.

Yeah I already got it fixed thanks to the AT&T update that I received yesterday. It definitely fixed it 90% and kept the screen protector that came with it. I just need it to protect from scratches. I rarely drop my phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco28