Fitbit sense connection issues!

Chillywill95

May 6, 2022
Visit site
I am having major issues with my Fitbit sense not staying connected to my Google Pixel 6 pro. Does anyone have any information on why this is happening? It seems to work without a flaw on my Pixel 4 XL. It's just the pixel 6 pro that the connection keeps dropping between my Fitbit Sense and my Google pixel 6 pro. The app just does not maintain my statistics and then a lot of times. The only way I can get my connection back is to completely wipe my watch which loses all of my stats. Does anyone have any help?

By the way, I am running Android 13 and all of its updates to the beta

drvier8

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I have the Charge 4 and am on 13 beta. No problems. As Mustang said, until the final 13 is out, I would assume most problems are beta related, especially if new. I know the last update had some fixes related to bluetooth so perhaps they broke something related to the Sense. Report it Google and Fitbit.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I had some BT issues in an earlier beta 13 but that has since resolved itself and my Sense seems to be syncing fine.

Chillywill95

May 6, 2022
Visit site
Report it and see if others have

Ok, so here's what I have discovered, on the latest beta version of Android 13, I have discovered that the Fitbit breaks connectivity with the Google Pixel 6 pro if you activate the Google Assistant. If you leave the Google Assistant inactive then the Pixel 6 pro and the Fitbit sense work just fine. So maybe some of you who are interested and you have a Fitbit may want to test this and see what happens. I know that many of you have said that you don't have a problem with connectivity, but I'm actually wondering if you are also using the Google Assistant on your Fitbit Sense? I have found that if I turn off the Google Assistant or disconnect the Google Assistant and restart my phone then I am able to gain connectivity with the Pixel 6 pro and my Fitbit Sense with no problem. So it is an Android beta 13 Google Pixel 6 pro issue that I hope gets resolved so that I can use my Google Assistant on my watch.

Chillywill95

May 6, 2022
Visit site
it seems as if I have resolved the issue and when I am using my Fitbit Sense with the Google Assistant active. on my sense, it breaks the connectivity between the Pixel 6 pro and the Fitbit Sense using Android beta 13. it's latest version. when I turn off the Google Assistant then my watch connects to the Pixel 6 pro with no problem. maybe some of you would be interested in trying it that way. I recognize that some of you have said that it doesn't seem to be an issue for you, but maybe you did not have the assistant active on your Fitbit sense

Androidean

Aug 17, 2022
Visit site
I have a Pixel 5 (stock) and it received the latest Android OS (13) update yesterday. Since the update my Fitbit Sense can no longer connect via Bluetooth (yes I had Google Assistant setup). On the Fitbit community forums this was highlighted by other users when Android OS 13 Beta 1 was released (for both Sense and Versa watches) and the usual commentary that it was Beta and dont expect it to work yet was left. It was still happening with Beta 4 and now it is happening with the Public release of Android 13. If a user does a factory reset on the watch, the watch is effectively useless as it needs to be connected (via Bluetooth) through the app (on the watch) which will not happen (not sure if I should disable Google Assistant on my phone). So you are left with a dead Fitbit Sense unless you have another phone or tablet to set it all up with again.
I reported it to Fitbit support yesterday and they were unable to help apart from advising me to do a factory reset and my watch ended up in the 'download the app to connect' situation. They offered a replacement watch (Fitbit Sense which most likely still wont be able to connect until Google fix the Bluetooth connectivity issue either with the Sense or in OS 13).
I will disable Google Assistant on my phone and see if it can connect now that the Sense has had a factory reset.

Chillywill95

May 6, 2022
Visit site
I have a Pixel 5 (stock) and it received the latest Android OS (13) update yesterday. Since the update my Fitbit Sense can no longer connect via Bluetooth (yes I had Google Assistant setup). On the Fitbit community forums this was highlighted by other users when Android OS 13 Beta 1 was released (for both Sense and Versa watches) and the usual commentary that it was Beta and dont expect it to work yet was left. It was still happening with Beta 4 and now it is happening with the Public release of Android 13. If a user does a factory reset on the watch, the watch is effectively useless as it needs to be connected (via Bluetooth) through the app (on the watch) which will not happen (not sure if I should disable Google Assistant on my phone). So you are left with a dead Fitbit Sense unless you have another phone or tablet to set it all up with again.
I reported it to Fitbit support yesterday and they were unable to help apart from advising me to do a factory reset and my watch ended up in the 'download the app to connect' situation. They offered a replacement watch (Fitbit Sense which most likely still wont be able to connect until Google fix the Bluetooth connectivity issue either with the Sense or in OS 13).
I will disable Google Assistant on my phone and see if it can connect now that the Sense has had a factory reset.

You are correct a new Fitbit Sense watch will not work to solve the problem. However, my Google Assistant seems to work just fine on my updated Android 13. Try forgetting the sense and sense controls in your Bluetooth settings. Do not turn off the assistant on your sense app. Restart your phone. Go to your Fitbit app and activate "on wrist calls" as this will bring back "sense controls" in your Bluetooth app. Then check your Google Assistant connectivity on your Sense. Mine has been working flawlessly on my pixel 6 pro ever since. The connectivity issues haven't been happening for 3 days straight as of now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe