Flashed US T-Mobile Galaxy s7 SM-G930T to the latest Verizon Firmware. Wifi will not stay connected.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I recently acquired a Permanently Unlocked US T-Mobile Galaxy s7 SM-G930T. Since I have Verizon, I flashed it to the latest Verizon Firmware using the latest Odin to SM-G930V. Everything went perfect. The only problem is that the wifi will not stay connected. It will connect for a few minutes at a time, and then, despite it saying it is still connected to wifi, vides will suddenly not load, apps will not open. I run a speed test and then it will show the little exclamation mark on my wifi signal, only then showing that wifi is not connect or having problems. It's very tedious as I go based off the wifi signal to and since it says it's connected i am missing important notifications despite my mobile data being connected. I have unlimited data with my carrier so i could simply stay connected to mobile data at all times, but i would like to have my wifi working again. Does anybody know what may be causing this problem.
I tried flashing it back to T-Mobile. and oce again everything works perfect. except for the wifi. So i believe it may have to do with the firmware, or maybe i need another file or files that i still need to install? I have been researching it for a week and i just can not figure out a solution. Can somebody please help?

RogueTech 420

Aug 30, 2019
Visit site
I recently acquired a Permanently Unlocked US T-Mobile Galaxy s7 SM-G930T. Since I have Verizon, I flashed it to the latest Verizon Firmware using the latest Odin to SM-G930V. Everything went perfect. The only problem is that the wifi will not stay connected. It will connect for a few minutes at a time, and then, despite it saying it is still connected to wifi, vides will suddenly not load, apps will not open. I run a speed test and then it will show the little exclamation mark on my wifi signal, only then showing that wifi is not connect or having problems. It's very tedious as I go based off the wifi signal to and since it says it's connected i am missing important notifications despite my mobile data being connected. I have unlimited data with my carrier so i could simply stay connected to mobile data at all times, but i would like to have my wifi working again. Does anybody know what may be causing this problem.
I tried flashing it back to T-Mobile. and oce again everything works perfect. except for the wifi. So i believe it may have to do with the firmware, or maybe i need another file or files that i still need to install? I have been researching it for a week and i just can not figure out a solution. Can somebody please help?

Hoping all worked out well for your WiFi-issue. It's actually a leap ahead of where I stand. I have an unlocked G930T and need to get it over to G930V. I see you "flashed it to the latest Verizon Firmware using the latest Odin to SM-G930V". I've been all over Google and can't find straight forward guidance on completing. I've rooted phones here and there, but I'm a little OCD about being 100% on what's needed with clear direction. Will you be able to spare the time and provide the Odin version and firmware you used to go from V930T to V930V? Cherry on top would be resolution to the WiFi-issue :p... I'll be sure to pay it forward... thanks!