Flashing back to 1.6.3 did not work

Papa Smurf

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
So a couple hours after i flashed back to 1.6.3 from GB 2.0beta5 i rebooted my phone from installing one of the lean kernels and now its stuck in an endless loop...cry flashing back did NOTHING for me

Papa Smurf

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
got it into hboot and re-flashed the radio, booted up all the way, but for how long, wonder if it was the lean kernel i was flashing that caused the endless loop. Kind of scared to flash any roms and kernels now, my revert all the way to stock, unrooted and warrenty my phone.

nate44

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
You shouldn't need to re-flash a radio, unless you're changing to different ones of course. There's different versions of the lean kernel, so make sure you're running the Froyo version.

I reverted back to Froyo yesterday and have no problems whatsoever. Flashed radio, then booted into recovery. Wiped data/cache twice, and flashed BAMF 1.7 I then later installed imoseyon's lean kernel and have been running great since.

Last edited:

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Did your install of 1.6.3 work before you tried flashing a new kernel? If that's the case, it sounds like there was a problem with loading the kernel. As nate44 pointed out, there are different kernels for different ROM versions so it's important to make sure you have the right kernel for your ROM. Also, it's a good idea to check the md5 checksum of the files you're downloading before you flash. This lets you make sure the file hasn't been corrupted in the download process.

Last edited:
Reactions: zero neck

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
got it into hboot and re-flashed the radio, booted up all the way, but for how long, wonder if it was the lean kernel i was flashing that caused the endless loop. Kind of scared to flash any roms and kernels now, my revert all the way to stock, unrooted and warrenty my phone.

I had the same issue, but I restored from a nandroid backup. so I ended up having to reflash the radio and then clear the caches and reflash the rom. I didn't do a datawipe tho, so far everything has been ok since.

also, I had tried to flash imoseyon's latest froyo kernel and it got stuck at the htc boot screen too, not sure why, but flashing adry's kernel worked.

Last edited:
Reactions: zero neck