Flyer for $299.00

Pre-dawn raid

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes, $200.00 for a NC with an SD card, leather case, 2yr extended warranty, and 390 books is a good deal and that's what I got for it. What, you think I should have sold it for $50? It looked brand new. I take care of my stuff, and it wasn't old. I sold my new one.

No, I think that's a great price for all the accessories and books that were included. I went today to my local BB and played with the demo unit. I don't know if there was something wrong with it or what but it was pretty laggy and unresponsive. It took three tries just to get the notification bar to come down. I also asked the sales rep if it had bluetooth and he didn't even know (it does). Just didn't get a good vibe from the few minutes I played with it and it reminded me too much of my NC so I couldn't see spending another $300 to get basically the same device. So, I passed and I'm gonna keep my NC. Thanks for all the info though.:)

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
No, I think that's a great price for all the accessories and books that were included. I went today to my local BB and played with the demo unit. I don't know if there was something wrong with it or what but it was pretty laggy and unresponsive. It took three tries just to get the notification bar to come down. I also asked the sales rep if it had bluetooth and he didn't even know (it does). Just didn't get a good vibe from the few minutes I played with it and it reminded me too much of my NC so I couldn't see spending another $300 to get basically the same device. So, I passed and I'm gonna keep my NC. Thanks for all the info though.:)

I had to read that twice...It's the opposite for me...My Nook was kinda' laggy. My Flyer FLIES! I rooted it, but there aren't any ROMs out for it except a honeycomb (HELL NO!) ROM. Oh well, I can run Titanium and a few other apps including a root uninstaller/bloat remover :)!!!

BigCTM

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
My Flyer flies too! I honestly cannot believe how much better this thing runs than the overclocked Touchpad I sold.

I had to read that twice...It's the opposite for me...My Nook was kinda' laggy. My Flyer FLIES! I rooted it, but there aren't any ROMs out for it except a honeycomb (HELL NO!) ROM. Oh well, I can run Titanium and a few other apps including a root uninstaller/bloat remover :)!!!

Pre-dawn raid

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
My Flyer flies too! I honestly cannot believe how much better this thing runs than the overclocked Touchpad I sold.

Oh I believe you guys. I'm sure it IS fast compared to the NC. If this had been out at this price ($299) when I was shopping around for my Nook, it would've been a no-brainer to go with the HTC. I really believe something was jacked up with the demo unit I played with. Like it had been dropped a time or two. Hopefully, this new lowered price will bring about more ROM developer attention like it has with the NC. Like others have said, this is the price it should have been on launch day!

darkninja67

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I just ordered a Flyer due to the lower price. I was debating a Nook Color at first then the Kindle Fire and the $299 pricepoint sold me. I like HTC products a lot. This will mainly be used as an ereader for when I work long details and for my girlfriend's girls who can use it to game on. I will probably get a 10" tablet once the Kal El versions come out.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Oh I believe you guys. I'm sure it IS fast compared to the NC. If this had been out at this price ($299) when I was shopping around for my Nook, it would've been a no-brainer to go with the HTC. I really believe something was jacked up with the demo unit I played with. Like it had been dropped a time or two. Hopefully, this new lowered price will bring about more ROM developer attention like it has with the NC. Like others have said, this is the price it should have been on launch day!

I agree completely. I liked my NC, but was able to sell it off for a $50.00 loss. I've been using the Flyer ereader software since Aldiko keeps triplicating and quadruplicating my books for some reason. The Flyer ereader software and animation is top-notch!

mikeypizano

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I picked up one of them on Saturday and I love it so far! This is my first tablet as well as my first Android device and I think I made a great choice. I need to find a generic slip case though for it.

sweeneyte

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I bought one today at a local Best Buy in Raleigh NC. They seem to have plenty in stock

So far I really like it. I have an EVO 3D and Flyer responsiveness seems fine - I haven't really noticed any lag. I configured the same Google account as for my phone and most of my phone apps were automatically installed on the Flyer. I've only tried a few of the apps and they work fine. I'm already spoiled rotten by the screen size - my phone screen seems small now. Angry Birds looks and plays great. My epub books look great on Aldiko. I played an Xvid AVI video and though it didn't play as smoothly as I would like it was certainly watchable. I haven't played that particular AVI on my EVO 3D so I don't know how it compares. So far so good.

adamm44

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I bought one today at a local Best Buy in Raleigh NC. They seem to have plenty in stock

So far I really like it. I have an EVO 3D and Flyer responsiveness seems fine - I haven't really noticed any lag. I configured the same Google account as for my phone and most of my phone apps were automatically installed on the Flyer. I've only tried a few of the apps and they work fine. I'm already spoiled rotten by the screen size - my phone screen seems small now. Angry Birds looks and plays great. My epub books look great on Aldiko. I played an Xvid AVI video and though it didn't play as smoothly as I would like it was certainly watchable. I haven't played that particular AVI on my EVO 3D so I don't know how it compares. So far so good.

I would recommend using a different Gmail account for your Flyer than the one you use on your phone. Because everything you do on your phone will sync with your Flyer. It may not bother you though.

jmob26

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Need a nice case,any suggestions?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Leo J, and to any others out there looking for a case or a protective skin, here are two HTC-made skins I purchased.

From the HTC store, I bought the TPU case. It's nice and durable. The hard shell case below it looks interesting.
Cell Phone Accessories

From this store, I bought the HTC leatherbacked protective skin. I really like this case and prefer it over the TPU case, because it brings you one step closer to holding a leather-bound book if you're into e-reading. It snaps on to the back of the Flyer and is very secure.
HTC Flyer Leatherbacked Hard Shell Case HC C590 (Black) #70H00405-00M - Expansys USA

This leatherbacked skin is also available in white if you search around for HTC Flyer accessories on this site.

Enjoy!

sunriseshell

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Have been eyeing this tablet for a while now, took the plunge at the new price.

Really, really nicely built. Some reviewers have stated it's heavy, but to me it feels solid. Many of the tablets feel cheap and plasticky. This feels more like the products from a certian fruit branded electronics company. ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz