FM Radio not on phone

SnydersWeb

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
FM over your phone is cool, but really only free radio I listen to if AM LOL.

I have the same problem.. though I still installed it just to have it handy.. my gym has TV's that broadcast in FM frequencies.

Only big downside is that you can have a headset plugged in and it supersedes Bluetooth playback, so you more/less have to wear the headset you're using.

I have more/less gotten around the AM thing by getting iHeartRadio. If your local choice AM station is part of the ClearChannel network you can steam it.

I was ~2.5 hours at the Gym.. streaming bluetooth audio w/that app running streaming data over 4G was just murder on my battery. Phone limped out at ~15%. Ordered extended battery... :p

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem.. though I still installed it just to have it handy.. my gym has TV's that broadcast in FM frequencies.

Only big downside is that you can have a headset plugged in and it supersedes Bluetooth playback, so you more/less have to wear the headset you're using.

I have more/less gotten around the AM thing by getting iHeartRadio. If your local choice AM station is part of the ClearChannel network you can steam it.

I was ~2.5 hours at the Gym.. streaming bluetooth audio w/that app running streaming data over 4G was just murder on my battery. Phone limped out at ~15%. Ordered extended battery... :p

Thanks for the tip, I'm pretty sure the stuff I listen to is Clear Channel so I will look into it.

Jbairdjr

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
I just installed the APK and works great.
Wonder why this was left out?
Also, I dont listen to the radio much, but local sporting events (College, High School, and Hockey) are all on FM radio. Thats why I need it.

pdecell

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
It is in the app store- fm radio for $2.00. Plug in your earphones when you install it and it will scan for radio stations in your are and set them up as a list for you. With my ear buds I get great reception and so no more waiting for streaming audio to buffer when I am wanting to listen to NPR while riding the bus.:D

alfonso2501

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Just downloaded it and it works great.:)
Why do you suppose Motorola (or Verizon) would have disabled this function after actually putting the hardware in to do it?

I think it's because it would take business away from the slacker radio app.

Anyway, I also downloaded the $2.00 FM radio app from the market place & it works pretty good on my Bionic. It's very rudimentary, but does the job.