Force Roaming and avoid ETF?

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I am also currently in the process of doing this.

I don't know how anyone could do 50GB of data while roaming.. Sprint 3G is unusable where I am and I never roam on anything but 1X so it is even slower.

The ToS state that anything over 300MB a month of roaming data is against Sprint policy. I just make sure to be around 500MB of data roaming a month. So far I am on month 2, if this works and I am able to get out of contract I will report back.

That said, the area I live in also seems to be getting spotty LTE so if they do a more thorough launch before I get the letter I'll stop.. I just can't take these speeds anymore, I should of canceled my contract before getting the Evo LTE but I thought they'd launch LTE in my city as fast as they did WiMax... sadly that hasn't been the case.

I have buddies with Verizon and AT&T pulling upwards of 18mbps INSIDE of buildings and I can BARELY pull .3mbps on a good day with 3-4 bars. Sprint deserves to fail, and fail big these type of speeds are unacceptable in 2012.

I just finished my third month of roaming, but haven't heard anything from sprint yet. First and second month I used about 1gb roaming data and third month I used about 3gb roaming data. But no luck yet.

Sent from my HTC via Android Central Forums!

David07_H

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I got my letter for etf due to excessive roaming data. I was glad I got that letter. And yes you do get to keep your number and no extra charge. I am in the Dallas Fort Worth area so I switched to tmobile and i tell you its a big jump from being with sprint.

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I got my letter for etf due to excessive roaming data. I was glad I got that letter. And yes you do get to keep your number and no extra charge. I am in the Dallas Fort Worth area so I switched to tmobile and i tell you its a big jump from being with sprint.

How long did you roam and how much data did you use each month?

Sent from my HTC via Android Central Forums!