free daydream from verizon

jeep_man

May 8, 2013
Visit site
So I ordered a black xl from vzw. Their website said I can get a free daydream headset if I do it by the 19th. So I ordered the phone and went to the website vzw offers and when I put in the promo code googlegift and the date of order it tells me that it is invalid.
Has anyone else tried this? I just don't want to miss out on the free headset.

IncredibleJedi

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
From my understanding, I believe Verizon will be sending out these codes within the next couple of weeks. Maybe Google wants to avoid what happened with Samsung's Note 7, where folks dipped, double dipped, and then triple dipped for Samsung promo items. I wonder if they will wait until the 15th day, where folks wouldn't be able to return their Pixel.

We'll find out soon.

(I double dipped).

FaTROBoT97

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
So I ordered a black xl from vzw. Their website said I can get a free daydream headset if I do it by the 19th. So I ordered the phone and went to the website vzw offers and when I put in the promo code googlegift and the date of order it tells me that it is invalid.

I believe the code will become active after you active your phone. That was the jist I got today from people asking in store today and reading my own email. I'm sure there will be more details in regards to this come Thursday. Just hold on to your code.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I believe the code will become active after you active your phone. That was the jist I got today from people asking in store today and reading my own email. I'm sure there will be more details in regards to this come Thursday. Just hold on to your code.

Yep, after you activate your Pixel on Verizon, you will get a code that can be redeemed for the VR Headset.... Unless something changed.

Flexia

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
It also states it's only valid if you see device payments... Was hoping there system would email a code no matter what though

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
So on my shipping notice from Verizon was a link, go put GOOGLEGIFT and your order date into their rebate center and register for this. So I did, and it says no such combination exists and in small print on the shipping notice it says ends 10-19-16 which is today, so does that mean I lose out on this? I mean I just got the notice yesterday. Kind of sucks if so.

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Should have read all the posts here, clearly. So maybe it's only good once you activate the device. That 'promotion ends 10-19' threw me. Maybe they mean if you order after that date.

jeep_man

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Should have read all the posts here, clearly. So maybe it's only good once you activate the device. That 'promotion ends 10-19' threw me. Maybe they mean if you order after that date.

This is exactly why I asked the question. I don't want to miss out on a sweet headset.

jam4775

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
This is what Verizon's site says about the free Daydream View: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...essories/google-daydream-view/&token=dTcaYxdW

How to claim your
Daydream View VR:

1. Add a new Pixel or Pixel XL with monthly devices payments to your cart.

2. Complete the checkout process and order your Pixel or Pixel XL.

3. Once you receive and activate your new Pixel or Pixel XL, visit vzw.com/digitalrebatecenter within 30 days of activation and enter promo code GOOGLEGIFT to redeem your offer.

Your Daydream View VR will be sent to you in approximately 3-6 weeks, following receipt of your eligible claim at vzw.com/digitalrebatecenter.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Well I am glad all this is all posted here, because there was not notice in my packaging for it. I was able to successfully submit my form this morning, and they are asking for 1 week to approve -- giving a date of 11/4 for me.

Thank you! Your request has been submitted.
Tracking Number: 75XXXXXXX
Based on the purchase date provided, you can expect us to validate your rebate around 11-04-2016 if the offer requirements are met.

We'll be in touch if we need any additional information.

Track the status of your submission by entering your tracking number or first name, last name and zip code.

I am really looking forward to this because the Gear VR was disabled the same day it arrived for my Note 7.

miyanc

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
i am, submitted mine on the 19th, I got an email on 11-1-16 that stated "Date Rebate Submission Received" 10-31-2016. and "Your rebate card is currently being processed for mailing and should be shipped within 14 days"
So in theory not received 14 days, maybe received in 14-21 days.

so that is very clear. I am 100% sure I still how 0% of an idea when or how this will happen. Good job so far.

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
So has anyone figured out if they are sending the actual daydream orvisa card for the amount?

I'm hoping they are sending the daydream itself, only because I really want to try phone VR and I know that if they send a prepaid VISA theres no way that money will actually go toward the headset.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping they are sending the daydream itself, only because I really want to try phone VR and I know that if they send a prepaid VISA theres no way that money will actually go toward the headset.

Same here. Based on the timing, I am guessing that we will have a Daydream sent to us on launch day, Nov. 10.

Guessing? maybe I should say hoping . . .

Scuba240

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
I'm pretty confident that it's going to be the actual daydream view and not a gift card. This is what the promotion details say when you enter the rebate:

"Google Daydream VR will be sent to you by Verizon Wireless within approx. 3-6 weeks after receipt of claim. Limit one VR per qualifying device purchase. An $80 Visa Prepaid card will be provided to customer in the event the VR devices run out of stock."

Edit: It goes on to say "In the event a VR arrives damaged, call the Verizon Rebate Center at 844-408-8471 for assistance". The only question in my mind is when they will be shipping it.

jeverts

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Yea, I had to scan my receipt and barcode and submit that: Date Rebate Submission Received: 10-31-2016
Status Detail: Your rebate submission has been validated. Please allow up to 30 days to receive your rebate. If it has been more than 30 days, please contact rebate customer service at 1-877-899-8980.