Free headphones can be ordered now (Update: Approvals Coming In Now)

Oct 31, 2016
Visit site
Be careful that is number can be used to hijack your phone and or sell your phone is and making your phone junk.
Should have verified that by lg first everyone! Goodluck!

scottbeamer

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Be careful everyone as those of numbers as they can hijack your phone and or sell that is number and your phone may become a dead heap of garbage as you should have verified the promotion with LG first before hand ✋ over that information !!
6f185f94d7664e2adcfa493dc7b005a3.jpg

BigRalphN

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Well I got my earphones today. First thing I did was to try to scratch off this supposed film (that I couldn't see) off the jack.

Nothing came off.

So I plugged them into my phone, fired up Poweramp and was blown away by the sound quality.

These definitely beat my $50.00 Sennheisers.
You will not see or feel the film.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Listening is nice, but they suck for phone calls. Then again, I'm probably spoiled by my Blue Parrot. The noise canceling on it is so good I could hang my head out a car window at highway speeds and you'd think I'm sitting in an office. The BO's don't have any noise canceling that I'm aware of.

bluesboy77

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
After spending some time with these I'm really liking them a lot. I had to change the tips to get a better fit and now I think they sound great.

BigRalphN

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
After spending some time with these I'm really liking them a lot. I had to change the tips to get a better fit and now I think they sound great.

You hit on the secret that people just do not get. Tips are the culprit in almost 90% of the thin sound cases. As a sound engineer I think I could actually mix an album with these. A lot of the cheaper headsets people always say are better add a ton of bass but are totally inarticulate on the highs and mids. You can even hear symbol "clicks" and vocal breaths with these. They are not quite up to some of the $300 sets but still nice. I have noticed an improvement after about 20 hours of use also. I may run mine for an entire day to get just a little more burn in time.
It's all about preference though. If people do not like the way a tip feels properly sealed then they won't like these as bass will not be enough. If there ears are trained by many hours cheaper sets than that may be all they like as they are used to it. And there are just preferences. I watched my son put a set in with small tips and he said he didn't like them. I said wait a minute and put a large set of tips in (we gave large ear openings) and he just said "wow".

bluesboy77

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
You hit on the secret that people just do not get. Tips are the culprit in almost 90% of the thin sound cases. As a sound engineer I think I could actually mix an album with these. A lot of the cheaper headsets people always say are better add a ton of bass but are totally inarticulate on the highs and mids. You can even hear symbol "clicks" and vocal breaths with these. They are not quite up to some of the $300 sets but still nice. I have noticed an improvement after about 20 hours of use also. I may run mine for an entire day to get just a little more burn in time.
It's all about preference though. If people do not like the way a tip feels properly sealed then they won't like these as bass will not be enough. If there ears are trained by many hours cheaper sets than that may be all they like as they are used to it. And there are just preferences. I watched my son put a set in with small tips and he said he didn't like them. I said wait a minute and put a large set of tips in (we gave large ear openings) and he just said "wow".

Yep the changing the tips made all the difference for me. I had to go to smaller ones and now after my really nice Sony bluetooth headphones these are my go to for ear buds.

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Received a shipment confirmation a few days ago. Slightly disappointed in the method of shipment. LG shipped it via dhl from kansas after 3 days they transferred it to usps who currently has no status on delivery. Maybe ive been spoiled by amazon. But a company as big as LG should have this shipped better. Arent these supposed to be kinda of expensive headphones?

BigRalphN

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Received a shipment confirmation a few days ago. Slightly disappointed in the method of shipment. LG shipped it via dhl from kansas after 3 days they transferred it to usps who currently has no status on delivery. Maybe ive been spoiled by amazon. But a company as big as LG should have this shipped better. Arent these supposed to be kinda of expensive headphones?
DHL will switch to USPS in a day or two. They all appear that way. They probably came DHL from Korea. I wish they had stayed DHL. DHL is very good here.

BigRalphN

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Yep the changing the tips made all the difference for me. I had to go to smaller ones and now after my really nice Sony bluetooth headphones these are my go to for ear buds.
Also wait until you have about 24 solid hours of burn in time. They really open up. I let mine play over night a few nights in addition to my norms k listening. If you gave a good ear you will notice punchier bass and even clearer minds and highs. It is subtle to some people but i really noticed it. These have become my everyday set with my expensive set for occasional long listens.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I've never heard of such a thing.
I don't hear about it much on headphones (mostly because I don't follow those discussions), but I know regular speakers do have a break in period. In fact, I've seen review articles for them mention their break in process as part of the article, and they don't actually start judging it until after that. Even in my aftermarket speakers in my SUV, they sounded very muddled at first but are now sounding quite nice after they broke in.

Basically all the flexible parts are a little stiff when new and they need to be flexed a while to loosen up into operational form. This happens naturally through use.

So even for something as small as an ear bud, it makes sense.

naturecannon

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Anybody know where to get foam ear tips that fit the H3s? . I tried the foam Jay bird ( pictured below) and they fit poorly, they just slip off. They sure did boost the bass some, but more importantly were more comfortable on my ears. I suppose I could get another silicone pair if anyone has a good recommendation but after the foams and base improvement I would rather go foam.

1480310140058.jpg

naturecannon

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I am new to the hifi world. With that said, I know this clip may not impress others but this short clip blew me away, especially since I was sitting on the couch with the B&Os and didn't know what to expect. Honestly I didn't even know the clip played, I truly heard the noise and thought someone was at the house.

Audio/audiocheck.net_binaural_knocking.mp3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Treyrday86