From M8 to G3 and back to M8

auctioneero

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone

I just thought I would tell my tale of the recent jump I made to the G3, and how nice it is to be back on the M8. First off I have a problem with phones. I buy them quite frequently. In the last year I've had the m7, gs4, moto x, m8, g3, and now back to the M8.

The G3 is actually a very very nice device. That screen is unreal. It's beautiful. It's a huge screen packed into about the size of the M8. I looked at them side by side last night in my hand and I was amazed at just how small the M8 screen looked next to the G3. But after a few weeks of the G3 I started to miss my M8.

The G3 lags. This is a known fact. You don't realize it's a big deal until you compare it to the M8. The M8 is almost scary fast. Also the camera even though it has a laser ninja auto focus, is so so so much slower than the M8's shutter. You can debate ultrapixels vs megapixels all you want, but I know that the M8's shutter is the fastest camera I have ever used. I'm sure blown up the pictures will look grainy, but I don't blow them up. I post them to Instragram or whatever other social media outlet. You can have an awesome mega pixel count and what not, but the fact is, if you can't capture the photo when you want it, none of that matters. I have little kids and capturing the perfect photo is never easy!

Also my G3 on a few occasions would get so hot it would just shut itself off. That was the final straw. I can't have my phones turning on me!

I know i didn't go into technical specs and what not but this is just a summary of my actual real world usage of the two devices. I love the M8. The M8 stock keyboard is so scary fast. I have missed sense and blink feed. An android skinning/icon pack addict loves sense.

Anyways. Thanks for taking the time to read.

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Re: from m8 to G3 and back to M8

Regardless of the technical stuff, those are the kinds of reviews i actually enjoy reading and learn from. There's nothing like real-life usage and experience, they're much more important to me than benchmark tests and what not. The HTC One M7 and M8 are AMAZING phones, and HTC's quality hasn't ceased to amaze me - not to mention the best Android UI, in my opinion, Sense 6.

05GT

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: from m8 to G3 and back to M8

I'm the same way, since May I've owned every flagship phone. I've finally come back to the M8. Can't beat the sound and camera speed this phone offers.