From OnLeaks, Get Excited

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm hoping for a bit more ... 3200 and 3800 would be ideal. 3000/3500 would be acceptable and anything less would be alarming.

I despise the "energy efficiency" talk that's somehow popular in 2015, but between Doze, possible 1080p display, and what the Note 5 seems to be getting out of 3000 mAh, it is worth considering to a certain extent.

my issue with the whole smaller, efficient/optimized battery think is that if that's the case, then why not take advantage of it with a larger battery and get that much more life out of it ... nobody is gonna complain if they get an extra 2 hours SOT, and personally, I won't be satisfied until I can go a full day of heavy use without even thinking about having to charge my phone.

I think smartphone OEMs have had a different outlook on batteries until recently. Now they're starting to wake up and realize users really pay attention to that. I'm not a heavy user so I don't need a huge battery, but like you said, I definitely won't complain if I get more SOT. The only limit I have is the phone's thickness, but engineering these days lets us pack in incredible things. If the new N5 can get at least a 3000mAh battery, I will be over the moon. I'm running Marshmallow on my 2013 N5 and Doze is incredible.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I think smartphone OEMs have had a different outlook on batteries until recently. Now they're starting to wake up and realize users really pay attention to that. I'm not a heavy user so I don't need a huge battery, but like you said, I definitely won't complain if I get more SOT. The only limit I have is the phone's thickness, but engineering these days lets us pack in incredible things. If the new N5 can get at least a 3000mAh battery, I will be over the moon. I'm running Marshmallow on my 2013 N5 and Doze is incredible.

wow, that's amazing news about Doze. Google had been working on that for years so I'm happy they finally figured it out

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I kind of hate the spec wars with screens. To me anything over full HD 1080p is overkill. Yes, the quad hd screens are nice but so are the 1080p screens. I'd happily give up quad hd for extra SoT and I'd also give up thinness and a camera bump for extra SoT.

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Yup that I do... I bought the nexus 6 in February not because I was Lack of money because iam a smart consumer with intelligence that wants to get the best for buck... Hauwei is not a house hold name period and to claim otherwise. Is false...... Show me phonearea,phone scoop, Engadget, Android police doing reviews on there products?!?!? Iam not knocking them I don't see them as anything but unknown my reply to you earlier was done in fun and sorry u took it personal but the truth is WHO is hauwei???

Is this a joke?

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I kind of hate the spec wars with screens. To me anything over full HD 1080p is overkill. Yes, the quad hd screens are nice but so are the 1080p screens. I'd happily give up quad hd for extra SoT and I'd also give up thinness and a camera bump for extra SoT.

100% agreed

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
So I just tweeted @evleaks, asking him if he stood by his claim of the SD 820 being in the Huawei Nexus. He quickly tweeted back, saying, "Not 'my claim'-- info from a very trusted source". I also asked if he could at least provide a guesstimate about the size of the battery, and he tweeted back a status saying that I should Google it.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
So I just tweeted @evleaks, asking him if he stood by his claim of the SD 820 being in the Huawei Nexus. He quickly tweeted back, saying, "Not 'my claim'-- info from a very trusted source". I also asked if he could at least provide a guesstimate about the size of the battery, and he tweeted back a status saying that I should Google it.

Sounds like a lovely guy!

Someone is **** hurt.

robert7107

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
https://youtu.be/MsBQHQc70aU...
I found this to be a little of a let down. According to this the mate 7 has connectivity issue's with att and T-Mobile which are both GSM .... Rumor has it the hauwei nexus is going to Be in the vein of the accend mate 7.... Maybe reaching here or just paranoid....

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
https://youtu.be/MsBQHQc70aU...
I found this to be a little of a let down. According to this the mate 7 has connectivity issue's with att and T-Mobile which are both GSM .... Rumor has it the hauwei nexus is going to Be in the vein of the accend mate 7.... Maybe reaching here or just paranoid....

You keep forgetting that this is Google's phone, not Huawei's. Yes, Huawei is making the hardware, but Google is in charge of the software. I've read that the Huawei Nexus will be a global LTE device.

robert7107

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
You keep forgetting that this is Google's phone, not Huawei's. Yes, Huawei is making the hardware, but Google is in charge of the software. I've read that the Huawei Nexus will be a global LTE device.

Ya... I hope Google really gos all out without making it cost too much... I am going to guess $500-$475 range..... Battery should be monstrous I personally don't see it less than 3500 I would be shocked if it is...

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Good God, rumor is that the battery in the Mate 8 is 4,500 mAh, plus the Kirin 950 processor. If only this was in the Nexus...

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Good God, rumor is that the battery in the Mate 8 is 4,500 mAh, plus the Kirin 950 processor. If only this was in the Nexus...

see this is what I don't get, it's clearly possible for them to for at the very least 3500 in every phone 5.2" and up ... why they choose not to is mind boggling

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Anything below 3000 mah on the Nexus 5 (2015) would be a buzz kill for me. I could possible just keep my current Nexus 5 until next year's Nexus.

TheDoctor 46

May 31, 2012
Visit site
So keep a 2 year old phone with a 2300 mAH battery for another year? That doesn't make sense. I think anything over 2600 would be fine for a new Nexus 5. Certainly won't be a deal breaker.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Anything below 3000 mah on the Nexus 5 (2015) would be a buzz kill for me. I could possible just keep my current Nexus 5 until next year's Nexus.

but there's no guarantee that'll have a larger battery either ... I agree it'll be a buzz kill, a huge one, but hopefully you won't be in that position. I'm coming from a Nexus 4 so I'm pretty much desperate. The LG or Hauwei version will be a monster upgrade for me. can't wait for quick charge, and check out M, specifically Doze, permissions and app data backup.