Froyo OTA: First Impressions

drums84

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone confirm that in order to use the 3G hotspot feature, you have to sign up through Verizon for $20? If so this is a ripe off, especially after already paying for the web/data package

sloan31

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone confirm that in order to use the 3G hotspot feature, you have to sign up through Verizon for $20? If so this is a ripe off, especially after already paying for the web/data package

Wow, $20, that is pure ripoff. Better to root and use wifi tether.

cusco

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Update went smooth but the browser is lagging like no other....and the new gps sucks. Other then that I guess its okay Cuzz we now have flash...but now when you really think about it I rater stick with 2.1 lol zero issue and laggy

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Not sure if this is related, but I noticed that after the manual update there's an app called HTC IME Test loaded on my phone. Not sure what it does/is and its not executable. Even wondering if it is something that I can delete after the install.

I really don't know what to do. My phone is pretty useless if I can't get the keyboard to work> Any help please?

jcdagget

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site

Fizzler

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
My update went very bad. The install itself was flawless. When I restarted just about every app force closes. Even marketplace would not open. I lose network connection and just a few of the core apps work.

Is there anyway to roll back to 2.1?

Fizzler

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
My update went very bad. The install itself was flawless. When I restarted just about every app force closes. Even marketplace would not open. I lose network connection and just a few of the core apps work.

Is there anyway to roll back to 2.1?

Ok I am reinstalling all my apps. Once reinstalled they are working.. hopefully this will get me up and running..

ardieilardi

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Did the update this morning. Kinda pissed that I didn't know I had to root at 2.1 before I did the upgrade and now I can't root unless I jump through a dozen hoops but whatever. Everything checks out. Upgrade did not delete any programs or change my settings even launcherpro was left intact.

But it did do something strange and I'm wondering if anyone else has this and can tell me what it is and what to do with it. After the install I checked my drives and it added a drive. I normally have the internal drive and the sd card drive. now I have a 3rd drive called F: Verizon mobile. When I open that drive I have Folders named DRV, IMG and 3 other files one of which is called TL Bootstrap and it is an application. Everytime I connect my phone to my PC it asks me if I want to run the app. Anyone else experiencing this.

anon(20681)

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I have to agree with others here. I find my phone lagging. The browser is horrible. The phone is generally slower. I would go back to 2.1 if I could.

nickbike

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I noticed the optical joystick works MUCH better. Before it would tick across a text field one letter at a time even as I moved my finger a large amount. Now the magnitude of the movement across the screen is more tuned to how far you move your finger.

ManFr0mmarz

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
whoops I posted the same thing..don't mind me lol. I'm just so happy to finally have this updating I got my hopes up on the 18th only to be dissapointed

ManFr0mmarz

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Did the update this morning. Kinda pissed that I didn't know I had to root at 2.1 before I did the upgrade and now I can't root unless I jump through a dozen hoops but whatever. Everything checks out. Upgrade did not delete any programs or change my settings even launcherpro was left intact.

But it did do something strange and I'm wondering if anyone else has this and can tell me what it is and what to do with it. After the install I checked my drives and it added a drive. I normally have the internal drive and the sd card drive. now I have a 3rd drive called F: Verizon mobile. When I open that drive I have Folders named DRV, IMG and 3 other files one of which is called TL Bootstrap and it is an application. Everytime I connect my phone to my PC it asks me if I want to run the app. Anyone else experiencing this.

yes...i don't know how to get rid of it but i hate it. I installed the program on my computer and it doesn't look too bad at first glance...until you try to use it..it keeps crashing on me.

anon(39328)

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Forgive me if this has already been asked, but is there a way to disable the annoying "Droid" audible at boot up? On the original Droid, it could be changed by switching to a different notification sound. seems to be set up differently on this phone.

Edit: never mind. I didn't see the other topic with the same question.

Anyway, got it installed a few hours ago and not having any issues. Not really seeing improvements though, but haven't really had much time to look at it.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rscmlc1