Frustration with Battery Cover on Galaxy S5

Dubg

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I have had the S4 Active since they came out last year. I've not had a problem with the charging port at all. It seems more flimsy then the S5. As long as you are careful with it - the port cover should be fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
$19.99 for a replacement? Wow... that's a rip off!

I'm so afraid the battery cover is going to come off....is anyone else worrying about this? It feels so flimsy, and it seems after some use it's going to snap off. I just don't feel there is any way it is going to last a year or two. I can't imagine it lasting more than a month or two. Thinking of of setting it up for wireless charging...

They already have replacement parts for a phone that's weeks old..

USB Cover Flap for Galaxy S5 - Witrigs.com

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Actually... this thread is talking about 2 things... the battery cover AND the flap for the usb port.

nah..it started off that way due to the confusion..but OP clarified that he/she was talking about the charging flap

anyways, it is a rip off, and if you look on XDA and here, people are already breaking theirs off, and samsung is blaming them, and want to charge $75 to fix it, which is a bigger rip off

i can't wait until this gets spread around the blogs and samsung has to step up and admit fault

Usb door broke off - Page 6 - xda-developers

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s5/380144-charger-cover-broke-3.html#post3624813

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
That's a typical indication from Amazon that they aren't in stock yet but that could change at any point. I do have it saved in my "wishlist".

The have the S-View case with the wireless charging back available, but the charging back alone according to Samsung's website is still not out yet.

Mobile Phone Accessories & Smartphone Accessories | Samsung

I notice it still says the S-View case is coming soon, even though I saw it in a store already. I am almost positive that just the back isn't available yet.

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
$75 for Samsung to fix it? Unbelievable. Samsung should have come up with a different way if doing this... although I don't have any ideas how. The thing is flimsy for sure.

nah..it started off that way due to the confusion..but OP clarified that he/she was talking about the charging flap

anyways, it is a rip off, and if you look on XDA and here, people are already breaking theirs off, and samsung is blaming them, and want to charge $75 to fix it, which is a bigger rip off

i can't wait until this gets spread around the blogs and samsung has to step up and admit fault

Usb door broke off - Page 6 - xda-developers

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s5/380144-charger-cover-broke-3.html#post3624813

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
$75 for Samsung to fix it? Unbelievable. Samsung should have come up with a different way if doing this... although I don't have any ideas how. The thing is flimsy for sure.

i think they saw this coming, which is why it is so easy to remove and replace yourself with a single screw