FYI: Samsung Pay Beta Installed

Mr_Spencer

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I haven't gotten the firmware update either on my classic bluetooth s2, and I'm in the U.S. (northeast). Samsung for some reason seems to roll out its firmware updates piecemeal, over a period of weeks, even within countries. This has been the pattern with past updates, too. Frustrating, but the update will come, eventually.

I'm also in the northeast. NYC.

Posted from my S7 Edge via the Android Central App

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I wonder why? Have u already checked the settings in gear manager to see if you could install it manually?

Yes, tried numerous times. I either get a constant twirling from the server connection or the notice that I'm already updated. Have tried over wifi and cellular data, makes no difference.

rld082982

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
A coworker just bought a Gear s2 on Sunday, she has the new updated app with the Samsung pay beta.... whereas I do not... and it keeps telling me I have the latest software. Is it due to the phone I have? LG G Flex 2, she has a Galaxy.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
IIRC, you need three things for the Samsung pay beta; Gear Manager update that includes the beta, a non-3G Gear and the newest firmware for the Gear. I have everything except the latest firmware. You may get the GM update later with the LG, not sure how all the update cycles work.

As with anything regarding these phones, watches and computers in general, patience is a virtue.

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I have latest version of app with the Samsung Pay beta option, but my gear still isn't getting the firmware update

From my Platinum Gold Note 5

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I have latest version of app with the Samsung Pay beta option, but my gear still isn't getting the firmware update

I also have the latest version of gear manager and have samsung pay set up and ready to use. However my firmware on the watch isn't updated to the latest version, as none of the new value pack features appear on my watch..... No my photo app, contact widget, sleep, etc...

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I also have the latest version of gear manager and have samsung pay set up and ready to use. However my firmware on the watch isn't updated to the latest version, as none of the new value pack features appear on my watch..... No my photo app, contact widget, sleep, etc...

Exactly what I'm seeing.

Mr_Spencer

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2014
Visit site

After reading this, I went back to check and realized that I don't have any of these things either! I remember getting an update recently and assumed that was it, but apparently it was not. So that update can't have anything to do with the Samsung pay. Just for reference, this is the version I'm on:
Gear Version: 2.2.16070451
Gear plugin: 2.2.03.1671152

Was the Beta just a limited release?

Mr_Spencer

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
So I just came across this....

It might just be the way that I'm reading it, but it seems like if u didn't download/install on 07/18/16 you might be out of luck for now?

Attachments

• 5382.jpg
    5382.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 106

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
That's when the beta was first available, not the only date you could install it. I still have it in Gear Manager and can download it to my phone. Can't go any further though.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
After reading this, I went back to check and realized that I don't have any of these things either! I remember getting an update recently and assumed that was it, but apparently it was not. So that update can't have anything to do with the Samsung pay. Just for reference, this is the version I'm on:
Gear Version: 2.2.16070451
Gear plugin: 2.2.03.1671152

Was the Beta just a limited release?

I have the same version of gear manager as you....
The firmware on the watch should be R732XXU2DPFB for all the new features but mines is still showing R732XXU2CPC5....
I have the classic platinum watch...
The sports version firmware would start R730 followed by the above

tstreete

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
I got the updated phone app with the Samsung Pay beta link in it a few days ago, but at first when I clicked it I got an error message saying "app not compatible with my phone." But today out of curiosity I clicked it again and it downloaded the Samsung Pay Gear beta app and let me install it. I still can't get it to work -- once I've put in the details for a credit card and hit next, it says "Cannot connect to Gear. Try again." I assume that's because I still haven't gotten the latest update for my bluetooth S2 classic; I live in the northeast US. But I was happy to see that the phone app's details page listed my Samsung Note 4 as compatible.
2016-07-20 19.48.50.jpg

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I got the updated phone app with the Samsung Pay beta link in it a few days ago, but at first when I clicked it I got an error message saying "app not compatible with my phone." But today out of curiosity I clicked it again and it downloaded the Samsung Pay Gear beta app and let me install it. I still can't get it to work -- once I've put in the details for a credit card and hit next, it says "Cannot connect to Gear. Try again." I assume that's because I still haven't gotten the latest update for my bluetooth S2 classic; I live in the northeast US. But I was happy to see that the phone app's details page listed my Samsung Note 4 as compatible.
View attachment 232689
I have a BT classic also and was able to setup and use samsung pay without the firmware update on the watch.... still waiting on the S2 firmware update

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilliejoylene